Check It Out!!!

Decorating By Solecito Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 9:56pm by miny

Solecito Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 12

Well I think I need a little feedback on this cake. No, I really need you guys to bust my ego a little bit. I made this cake for my birthday 2 weeks ago. My name is Sol which means sun in spanish, there fore the inspiration for this cake. I tried to incorporate different techniques: the cakes are air brushed (I didn't tint the icing), the decorations are made of fondant. I've never done a fondant bow and I think this one ended pretty good. So I'd really like to "hear" your opinions. Thanks: Solecito

11 replies
vixterfsu Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 12

Don't see anything wrong with it. Very colorfull and love the daisys.

gandelmom Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 12

The cake is great! Really festive and fun!
The fondant decorations are excellent! Especially the sun! thumbs_up.gif

tippyad Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 12

great colors, cool sun and flowers look awesome!

marthajo1 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 12

I love the daisy and red rose grouping against that yellow background!

confectioneista Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 12

Very festive! Makes me think of the beach and something cool to sip! Feliz cumpleanos! party.gif

iownajane Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 12

Love it...the colours,the different shapes,everything...the sun is really cool,and your bow is great!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:26pm
post #8 of 12

Woman, that rocks!

jammjenks Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 12

As much as I love the bow, I think the flowers are my favorite.

butterflywings Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 12

It's a really pretty cake, I LOVE the colors and your sun is awesome. The only thing that I can see to critique is on the bottom tier: the scroll border is slightly off, doesn't quite match up, but other than that, it looks really really good!

Solecito Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:05pm
post #11 of 12

Hey guys thank you for your comments. Let mi tell you it was a lot of fun to make this cake. the scrolls were meant to go in the middle of the tier but since I airbrushed the cake, every intent to mark a line would just rub off the paint so I piped itfree hand, big mistake. Only a couple days later I remember reading a post about using a laser level as a guide. Next time I wont forget. Thanks again for your comments. SOL

miny Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:56pm
post #12 of 12

I think it's a beautiful cake and you did a very good job on the different techniques, your flowers are great and very colorful. Felicitaciones por un trabajo bien hecho y por tu cumpleanos tambien! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%