Quick! Help! I Am Stupid!

Decorating By CharmingConfections Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 10:11pm by KoryAK

CharmingConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CharmingConfections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 11

I have a friend coming to pick up this cake I made in 2 hours, and I am so dumb, I left it sitting out over night and it has a cream cheese filling! I totally forgot to stick it in the fridge. I am about to cry. The only hope I have is, well it's covered in fondant, and someone told me that the fondant seals everything in so it doesn't need to be refridgerated... is this true? Would this actually apply to a cream cheese filling..?! I know I am totally reaching, but what should I do??! She needs this cake for tonight for a get together at her house.

10 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 11

whats your filling made of, and how hot is your house.

Personally. i would be leary of giving anyone a cake the has cc in it without refrigeration but if it is cr ch icing filling, or the commercial stuff, and its set in a fairly cool room overnight you might be okay.

CharmingConfections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:22pm
post #3 of 11

no, it's homemade with cream cheese. I just googled this and found some other reference and some people were saying cream cheese is fine left out overnight in a cool house??? Others saying they never refridgerate cream cheese frosting and its fine..?
I guess I am just going to confess what happened to her and see what she wants to do. Atleast it is a friend and not a stranger icon_sad.gif This sucks though.

CharmingConfections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 11

no, it's homemade with cream cheese. I just googled this and found some other reference and some people were saying cream cheese is fine left out overnight in a cool house??? Others saying they never refridgerate cream cheese frosting and its fine..?
I guess I am just going to confess what happened to her and see what she wants to do. Atleast it is a friend and not a stranger icon_sad.gif This sucks though.

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 11

Don't cry yet. Did you use straight cream cheese or did you mix it with sugar? Sugar acts as a stabilizer for dairy. My friend makes her frostings with a little cream cheese to make it a little sweeter and she doesn't refrigerate.

It's like salting meat.... preserves it. So does sugar for dairy. So you are probably safe!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:26pm
post #6 of 11

Is going to be ok,,I do them all the time and stay out of the fridge fine.I am from PR and we have a dessert done with cream cheese that is left out of the fridge no problem..I wouldnt do it for too many days.. But your cake is ok for a night out..'
Edna

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 11

yeah, I think you are fine...I wouldn't even tell her. You don't want to worry anyone! It's fine! icon_biggrin.gif

CharmingConfections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:39pm
post #8 of 11

I mixed the cream cheese with strawberry preserves and marshmallow fluff. I filled the cake, iced it with buttercream and had the cake refridgerated then took it out yesterday evening, covered it in fondant and left it on my counter over night. It's back in the fridge now.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 11

I think you are fine!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:22pm
post #10 of 11

I bet the strawberry preserves have preservatives in them... that will help. Seriously though, you are fine! No worries!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 10:11pm
post #11 of 11

yep, fine! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%