Make Popcorn

Decorating By tbcakes Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 1:33am by funbun

tbcakes Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a popcorn box for a cake. How would I make the popcorn? TIA!

5 replies
twinkletwinkledliz Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 6

I've made little popcorn boxes before and what i have used for the popcorn has been marshmallows, the little ones... i snip then on the top like this + and kida pulls the corners out a little, then you can airbrush a little yellow on top. dont know if this all made sense but i hope it did icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 6

I have also used marshmallows. Do a search under the gallery for popcorn and some samples will come up!! It turns out really cute!!

Doug Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #4 of 6

and my lazy way....

real popcorn!

and for a sweeter version....

do the microwave kettle corn version (has sugar mixed in)

or lightly glaze w/ cooked sugar syrup

lomikesa Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:59am
post #5 of 6

I use the mini marshmellows, I snip + with sissors, pull apart a little them I put all of them in a box, spray them with Wilton yellow color mist food color, shook the box a ltttle and Voila! pop corn, The picture does not do justice to the cake I did, everyone at the party love it.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1161881

funbun Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:33am
post #6 of 6

I use the mini marshmellows too. And to think I use to use a paint brush to paint them! Next time it will be the colour mist for me.
Thanks lomikesa!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%