Grooms Cookie Cake

Decorating By debilou68 Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 8:06pm by debilou68

debilou68 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,, Has anyone ever done a cookie cake for a grooms cake? I may have an order soon for this and was wondering if anybody had ever done one. My cookie cake tends to get to hard also,, Any great recipes for cookie cake or tips to improve..?? Thanks in advance ..

4 replies
ckkerber Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

Here's a great recipe that I posted to the recipe files:

It tastes just like a cookie you'd get at the big mall cookie stores and stays soft. I haven't done a groom's cookie cake before but what are they looking for? You can decorate with buttercream easily enough and I have even done chocolate transfers on cookie cakes and they look really cute. Do you just need a single layer cookie cake or one of the stacked ones? I can't remember who posted stacked cookie cakes on here but someone does them a lot . . . I've tried one just by layering the giant cookies and layers of buttercream and it's cute and yummy . . . if you did a search on stacked cookie cakes I bet you'd find a bunch.

If you've got more details regarding the direction you're going in or what the customer wants, I'm sure you'll get a lot of great ideas from everyone here!

mgigglin Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 6:38am
post #3 of 5

Ok so I don't know are you talking about a real cookie or cake that tastes like a cookie? icon_redface.gif I just did the choc chip cookie cake from this site and it was to die for awesome!! The only thing is that it doesnt call for any baking powder or soda so it was kinda dense I had to make 2 cakes just to get 3 a in high cake. I think next time I will try those to see if they help. The cake got excellent reviews from the birthday boy to all the guests so it is definitley a keeper!

mgigglin Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 6:39am
post #4 of 5

ok here's the link to the recipe::

debilou68 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies,, I don't really have any ideas yet,, It has just been mentioned that the couple may want me to do one for wedding in August. I think this is the recipe that I have at home, I got from here,, I love it, but the last time I made one it didn't stay too soft,, of course I may have overcooked it... Anyway thanks again for the replies,, I will post later if I actually get the order. !

Quote by @%username% on %date%