What Do I Tell My Husband? (Ka)

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 8:03pm by superstar

justfrosting Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 13

I was salivating over a beautiful lime green KA this weekend and reminded DH that I am due for an upgrade from my sunbeam (which has worked fine actually).

He answered "What is the difference between the two?"

Uhhhh....I don't know but I want a new one???? What do I say?

12 replies
Doug Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 13

what's the difference between:

a cheap 9v cordless drill (your current mixer) and a 24 volt lithium battery cordless drill (the KA)???

a ford pinto and ford truck?

a dodge neon and dodge ram?

a chevy aveo/cobalt and a chevy silverado?

a hand held circular saw and compound cross-cut miter saw (like the big dewalt one!!!!)

a gas powered push mower and a zero turn radius variable speed riding mower?

a hammer and an air powered nailer?

a hose w/ a spray nozzle and power washer?

it's all about MORE POWER!!!! = better product, faster results (add tim tool time grunt!)

tiptop57 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 13

I would do a comparision of the two mixers and I am assuming the KA you want will have more power and a bigger bowl, and men tend to understand bigger and more power. thumbs_up.gif Then you can also mention you will have two to work at the same time, one for Royal Icing and the other for batter and buttercream. HTH.

BTW I have two KA's on two seperate counter tops that I have had going at the same time, especially since I do IMBC and the mixer has to run for a long period of time........but I wouldn't bother mentioning the multitasking since studies show women are better at it.......... icon_wink.gif

Edited to add: Groan .....Doug you beat me to it.........LOL

Doug Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 13

and if he gives grief about the color...

just remind him of the colors power tools come in...

bright yellow
bright orange
bright blue
and even bright lime green!!!

justfrosting Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 13

Doug you are hilarious!

butterflywings Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 13

Doug... you're awesome!

KA is going to last longer than the sunbeam, too (not that the sunbeam is bad, i had one before my KA).. but men (at least My hubby) tend to think in terms of value & longevity. tell him that the KA may cost 4 times as much, but it will last 4 times as long (at least). plus, there's so much more you can do with the KA that you can't with the sunbeam. besides the diff beater attachments, you can add the pasta roller, meat grinder, ice cream maker, etc.... icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:53pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflywings

... plus, there's so much more you can do with the KA that you can't with the sunbeam. besides the diff beater attachments, you can add the pasta roller, meat grinder, ice cream maker, etc.... icon_biggrin.gif

emphasize the ice cream maker -- homemade, custom flavor ice cream!!!!

JEM530 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 13

My dad (I learned to cook from him!) Bought me a professional size KA as a wedding shower gift. In the card he wrote "If you want to do something right, you need the right tools" You could try that with your DH! icon_smile.gif

tiptop57 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 13

Ooooooooooh Jem530 that is a good line to remember!

Bellatheball Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:41pm
post #10 of 13

I honestly think I'd fall over in a tizzy if anyone tried to take my KA from me. Take (almost) anything else in my kitchen, but not that! icon_eek.gif

tonedna Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:46pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

what's the difference between:

a cheap 9v cordless drill (your current mixer) and a 24 volt lithium battery cordless drill (the KA)???

a ford pinto and ford truck?

a dodge neon and dodge ram?

a chevy aveo/cobalt and a chevy silverado?

a hand held circular saw and compound cross-cut miter saw (like the big dewalt one!!!!)
I just love this doug!!!... thumbs_up.gif
Edna
a gas powered push mower and a zero turn radius variable speed riding mower?

a hammer and an air powered nailer?

a hose w/ a spray nozzle and power washer?

it's all about MORE POWER!!!! = better product, faster results (add tim tool time grunt!)

projectqueen Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:00pm
post #12 of 13

If you have birthed any of his children you can use my line...

"I'd love to have it as my Mother's Day gift, I've always had my heart set on one."

That usually works in my house, it's how I got my KA (and another year my pair of diamond stud earings...) icon_wink.gif

superstar Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:03pm
post #13 of 13

Your DH doesn't stand a chance LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%