Question About Roses?????

Decorating By lelajoyce Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 4:21pm by aswartzw

lelajoyce Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:05pm
post #1 of 8

Ok so which do you think would be easier and turn out better Buttercream roses or Royal icing roses????

I have tried Buttercream and cant seem to get the consistancy right but have yet to attempt them with royal icing??? any suggestions on roses?

And also if any of you know for sure ...can you do more than one tier with push in pillars and it stay intact? i was told only to do two tiers but really need 3

thanks so much

7 replies
diane Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 8

whatever icing you use you will still have to get the consistency right.
i don't know about the pillars...i've never heard that you can only do two tiers. icon_confused.gif

indydebi Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 8

I've done 4 and 5 tiers with push in pillars.

I only use BC for everything I do. I really can't figure out the purpose of RI or why I would use it instead. For more crusting, just add some more sugar (to make it a little thicker). Let the roses air dry ... they will dry just like royal, but will still be soft inside and edible.

janbabe Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 8

I always use flower paste for all my roses, and other flowers. I find it easier but thats just because I'm used to using it.

I've used push in pillars on more that 2 tiers before.

lelajoyce Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 8

thanks

justme50 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 8

I almost always use butter cream for roses. I like for my roses to be edible and like indydebi, I just can't see the purpose of royal icing roses.

I can air dry butter cream roses or even freeze them if I want to make them ahead of time....but I'm rarely that organized that I can get things like that done up ahead of time.

kakeladi Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:17pm
post #7 of 8

Why not use the best of both worlds??
My Buttercream for air-drying flowers is perfect.

aswartzw Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:21pm
post #8 of 8

I definitely vote for BC or the air-dry recipe sounds great. I find I can never get the right consistency of RI. It's either way too stiff or I add one drop to many of water and it's way too thin. You can at least correct the consistency of BC to make it stiff again unlike RI.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%