A Few Questions Regaurding Mmf And Nfsc

Decorating By lost_n_the_clouds Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 7:03am by sugarinspired

lost_n_the_clouds Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:26pm
post #1 of 3

Helloicon_smile.gif,

First off I would like to say hello to everyone at cc. icon_biggrin.gif
I would also like to welcome myselficon_smile.gif.
I am not exactly new to here as I joined a few months ago
and never got around to posting a hello. When I did get around
to posting CC was down for some maintence so it kinda made it
hard to post lol.
Anyways I love it here..it's such a wonderful place thumbs_up.gif .
I was looking for a cake site on google and came into this one
and when it said at the top of this site that it is higly addictive I laughed
in'till I realized how true it is..it is so addictive once I start looking around I can't stop. icon_lol.gif I will need a rehab group here soon for my cc addiction.
Here's a little about me.
I am 17 and I live in Florida.
I am somewhat new to cake making and such.
For years now I have loved to bake..I am always baking hehe.
I can't cook to save my life but I can bake hehe.
I have always loved to watch the food challenge programs
on the cakes and have always sat in awe and wished I could do it.
It was't in'till recently that I have looked it up and found how they really do them and I have decided to give it a try esp after running into CC and everyone's wonderful cakes and such. I am not sure if I will be even somewhat good but I will give it a shoticon_smile.gif.
Ok well anyways on to my question..

I am throwing a suprise shower for one of my teachers that is expecting a boy and going on leave soon.
I decided to go with cupcakes as I love to make them and I also found a cute baby block recipie.After seeing the beautiful decorated cookies on here I decided I want to try NFSC. I have always liked sugar cookies but never tried making them.
The shower is this Tuesday and I had planned to get much as I could do this weekend so I wouldn't have so much to do today(monday). Well that plan didn't work out..some unexpected things came up this weekend and I didn't get any baking done.icon_sad.gif
Since I have to basically get everything done today I am trying to use time wisley.
I don't leave today till 11:00am(est) so that gives a few hours to work this morningicon_biggrin.gif.
So I am going to make the cupcakes and set them out to cool and then decorate when I get home this afternoon which is about 2:30pm(est) I would also like to make the sugar cookies ahead of time too.
Is there any I can do this. Could I bake the dough and then freeze it till I get home? I am not sure if I will have enough time to make it,freeze it,roll it out and cook them before I leave this morning.
My original plan for the cupcakes was half were going to be decorated and the other half was going to be the wilton baby under the blanket
toppers but with my plan falling out of place I don't think there is any way I can make the MMF this afternoon and shape them into heads and blankets and have it dry by tomorrow late morning..is there any way?

I think that's about it..thanks so much for your wonderful help in advance!!
I hope I didn't ask to much or ask questions that have been asked and answered a billion times lol. icon_smile.gif

That you so much for creating the site and all the people that post there beautiful goodies! icon_biggrin.gif

Happy baking everyone,
Sarah icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JoAnnB Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 3

You don't need to freeze the dough before rolling it out. You can just refrigerate it. Freezing the cut out cookies helps prefent any spread as they bake.

sugarinspired Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 7:03am
post #3 of 3

nfsc is fabulous. all of my regular sugar cookies are from nfsc. before i put the dough in the fridge i would cut my dough, i leave it for about an hour than just pop them in the oven. good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%