Guitar Cake Request And Need Help!

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 2:37pm by sweetneice

sweetneice Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:43am
post #1 of 8

HEY ALL! I need to know a way to accomplish the look of a guitar for a groom's cake in the fall. If anyone knows how I can do this give me ALL suggestions possible, so I can practice and get it right! Thanks In Advance! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
cakequeen50 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 8

Have you looked at the galleries for guitar cakes?
I have my Hotel California one in my pics. I have also done b.c. guitars but I am sure there are a bunch in the galleries. Pic out one you like and pm the creator of the cake. You might be able to get some tips.

sherik Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 8

I made a "GUITAR HERO" guitar actual size by copying and pasting a photo of the guitar, printed it out and had it enlarged to actual size, cut it out and used it as a template to make the 3-D guitar cake.

moxey2000 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:50am
post #4 of 8

I did one recently. I laid the actual guitar onto a piece of newpaper and traced around it with a marker. I cut out the tracing and used the paper to sculpt my cake. Then I used decorated the cake with BC and fondant, to look like the guitar. I loved the result. It's easier than you think.

sjmoral Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:28am
post #5 of 8

For me the hardest part was getting the strings straight out of buttercream so if there is another way try it...

sjmoral Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:34am
post #6 of 8

For me the hardest part was getting the strings straight out of buttercream so if there is another way try it...

thecreativeone4 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:50am
post #7 of 8

I use angel hair pasta for th strings. just paint them with silver luster dust and keep in place with royal icing. They look great! Depending on the size of your guitar you'll have to use 2-3 for each of the six strings. For a large guitar use regular spaghetti instead of the angel hair. For the shape of the guitar i also used a picture enlarged on my printer.

sweetneice Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:37pm
post #8 of 8

Thank YOU ALL for your information. The angel hair pasta sounds interesting, but if I'm not there, I wouldn't want them to cut it and eat the pasta with the cake! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif
How could I make a template that will fit over the cake without a projector to enlarge it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%