Kopykake Printer Does Anyone Know The Answer?

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 6:06pm by Molly2

Molly2 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 11

Does anyone know?
Just curious, I just bought an Epson all in one CX7400 printer so I can make editable imagine for my cakes, I was wonder what kind of printer does KopyKake sale with their system.

Thank You

Molly2

10 replies
TheButterWench Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:10am
post #2 of 11

Look on their website for the answer.

www.kopykake.com

the printers they use are part of a whole system.

but they do sell Epson and Cannon edible inks, and they list the ones that are compatible with what inks they carry.

Molly2 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:30am
post #3 of 11

I have looked at their website but they don't tell you what type of printer comes with their system. Does anyone know this info

Molly2 icon_confused.gif

TheButterWench Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

I have looked at their website but they don't tell you what type of printer comes with their system. Does anyone know this info

Molly2 icon_confused.gif

Because it's a proprietary item. Made exclusively for them by whatever company.

If everyone knew what type of printer comes with their Edible Image System then we would by pass them altogether and be out there setting up our own edible printing systems.

Cannon and Epson have some great printers and they have compatible Edible inks available.

Be glad they give us even that information, as you can get a new printer on sale for 50 or 60 dollars.

It's the inks that kill ya wallet! icon_redface.gif

deb12g Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 11

I have one. It's an Epson Stylus CX7800. Love it.

Molly2 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 11

Thank You deb12g icon_wink.gif TheButterWench I wasn't trying to still any ideas I was just wondering, it seems some people would esatate to buy something and pay that much money and not know much about the product or what kind of system they are buying $500.00 is a lot of money to some Thanks everyone

Molly2 icon_biggrin.gif

TheButterWench Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:49am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2

Thank You deb12g icon_wink.gif TheButterWench I wasn't trying to still any ideas I was just wondering, it seems some people would esatate to buy something and pay that much money and not know much about the product or what kind of system they are buying $500.00 is a lot of money to some Thanks everyone

Molly2 icon_biggrin.gif

no, no , no

That's not what I was saying. I know you're not trying to steal anything. lol

Just that their system is a complete package as it has it's own software, hardware and support system type thing.

they won't divulge unless you call them and ask them direct, you're not going to find that info on their web site. And even if you call them you may not get that answer, lol.

What I did was to take the diff. types of ink from their web site and took them to an office supply shop and got the most inexpensive printer that was compatible with the edible ink set.

I've had one for almost 2 years and at first I didn't really use it much, but as I get more and more into my cakes, I find all sorts of ways to use it.

I have even done some cookies with Faux Designer patterns, too cute and a big hit with my clients thumbs_up.gif

justme50 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 7:11am
post #8 of 11

It's an Epson CX7800..or at least it was back when I was looking for a printer to buy a few months ago. I could pretty much tell by the picture on their website, but they had no problems confirming that to me when I called them to ask questions about the ink and icing sheets.

It's a great printer, but there's really no need to spend $500 on a system. I bought the CX7800 on clearance online for $50 with free shipping, then purchased my sheets and ink through Kopykake. Everything cost me around $150 total.

The information is on their website. Just look under the setup information for the III and IV systems.

Molly2 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone I just thought it was odd that someone would spend that much money on something that they don't have much information on a product

Molly2 thumbs_up.gif

TheButterWench Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:05pm
post #10 of 11

Molly2 I totally agree. I got mine on a sale it's an Cannon 3 or 6 thousand something for 30 bucks!

but it has 6 ink carts, but I have it set to use only 3. I don't use photo quality printing.

So when it starts to whine that it's low on ink I switch the carts.

Easy.

I love my printer

Molly2 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 11

Sounds good thats something to look into

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%