New Easter Tradition

Decorating By nanahaley Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 3:28am by JanH

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:13am
post #1 of 4

This year instead of making an Easter cake to serve my family, I decided to let my family do the decorating. I baked the mini eggs, placed them on a covered 6" cake board, iced them in white buttercream, put filled icing bags with pastel colored buttercream in them on the table and they each had to decorate their own egg. It was time consuming and those eggs were not easy to ice, but it was well worth the effort. My family (10 of us for dinner today) had a really great time and I think it gave them a little more appreciation of what it takes to decorate a cake. Except for my 12 year old granddaughter (who has taken the Wilton I course) who told me that I didn't get her egg very smooth (everyone is a critic!!!). It was interesting to see what each one did with their egg and I took pictures and cannot wait to scrapbook them. This was one of the most memorable Easters we have ever had and I think I have just started a new Easter tradition in our family.

3 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:07am
post #2 of 4

What a great way to spend some quality (& cakey) time together as a family. icon_biggrin.gif

The Egg Decorating Challenge will make this Easter a special holiday memory - and even less than perfects results are still "good eats." thumbs_up.gif

Can't wait to hear (or see) how your granddaughter progresses in her cake decorating. icon_lol.gif

nanahaley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanahaley Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

The "Egg Decorating Challenge"--can I borrow that? Maybe next year I'll award a small prize for different categories. You are right about the less than perfect results still being good eats. One egg was titled "Road Kill" but was eaten anyway.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:28am
post #4 of 4

"Road Kill" - would like to see a picture of that one. icon_lol.gificon_eek.gificon_lol.gif

For sure, the "Easter Egg Challenge" is now yours!!!!

Can't wait to see the "categories" you come up with.
(Wanted to include the little cake and judge emoticons - but they're not responding.) icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%