How To Make Those Easter Eggs Krazeekaker Made

Decorating By marjiw Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 10:15pm by 7yyrt

marjiw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marjiw Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:22am
post #1 of 8

I would love to learn how to make those cute sugar Easter Eggs that krazeekaker made. I wanted to make an ornament for our Sunday School class girls ornament exchange like that but had no clue how to even go about it!

7 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 8

If they are the crystallized sugar eggs, you just mix sugar with enough water until it gets like sand for sandcastles.
If you want a fine crystal, use superfine sugar; if a larger sparkle, just use regular. For a stronger egg, you can add egg white. I don't because too many people are avoiding eggs.
Pack your mold, and level off. Turn over onto a cookie sheet, remove mold. Here you have 2 options: let dry naturally, or use a very low oven.
When you have a dry shell, pick it up and carefully spoon out the still damp sugar mix. Set back down and let it dry the rest of the way.
When both sides are thoroughly dry, add your designs to the inside, and put together with royal icing.
Pipe along the seam, and add any decorations. Let dry, package, and give away.
That's it.

I hope you wanted crystallized sugar eggs directions! LOL

marjiw Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 8

That is what I was looking for. Thanks! So you make the egg in two molds? Do you make your own mold? Does the mold come out easily or does the sugar make it stick? I guess I need a video tutor! LOL!

7yyrt Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 8

Oops! Forgot to cut the 'peep' hole in the directions.

After you remove them from the molds, cut an equal amount from each end for the 'peep' hole, and butt the 2 together. That keeps the area from drying out like the outside shell.

The Molds you use are just the plastic eggs. They come in 2 parts. You can buy them at Michaels or JoAnne's or just at the dollar store.

7yyrt Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 8

Found you some directions with pictures.
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf334674.tip.html

marjiw Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 3:23pm
post #6 of 8

Duh! Why did I not think about plastic eggs!! Now if I wanted to make an ornament would I just find a round mold that is has halfs? Thanks so much for your help! I truly appreciate it!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:08pm
post #7 of 8

7yyrt your the best.
Cheers
Leigh

7yyrt Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:15pm
post #8 of 8

Exactly the same for the ornaments.
You can use the same technique to make sugar cubes and decorate them for fancy tea parties or weddings, as well. Much cheaper than buying them, and you can choose your own size. My daughter's friends used to love those, when she was little.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%