Have To Do Bow That Hangs Off Of A Purse Cake

Decorating By wgoat5 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 12:11pm by CakesByLJ

wgoat5 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:01am
post #1 of 4

how do you attach? It's GP so it will be heavy... I don't want to try something and it pull the fondant off the side of the cake...but it has to be up around the top on kind of a slope...

Do I put a toothpick in it at time of assembly of the bow? Or glue of some sort?

Have to make the bow tonight and I really need advice on it...so if I have to add something like a toothpick or something else I can go ahead.

Thanks a billion icon_smile.gif

Hope all had a wonderful Easter!!!!

Christi

3 replies
JanH Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:47am
post #2 of 4

Cynita asked how to make the Juicy Couture purse cake and I was going to post the link for you, but the thread was lost in the crash. icon_sad.gif

wgoat5 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:57am
post #3 of 4

Ohhh OK...I understand... Maybe she has it saved on word or something... I'll pm her.. Thank you so much Jan!!!!

Christi icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

how do you attach? It's GP so it will be heavy... I don't want to try something and it pull the fondant off the side of the cake...but it has to be up around the top on kind of a slope...

Do I put a toothpick in it at time of assembly of the bow? Or glue of some sort?

Have to make the bow tonight and I really need advice on it...so if I have to add something like a toothpick or something else I can go ahead.

Thanks a billion icon_smile.gif

Hope all had a wonderful Easter!!!!

Christi

I just saw Kaysie demo that purse last month.. She is working on a how-to to post later....... Anyway, she did the purse and let it sit for several hours before starting the embellishments, which stabilized the purse. I don't remember her doing anything special when attaching the bow, just gum glue. The bow isn't really all that heavy if you make it thin.. try pming her.........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%