Serving Cake On Wednesday, Can I Tort Today With Filling

Decorating By Trixyinaz Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 2:36am by Trixyinaz

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 6

I am making my final cake for the Wilton Class 1 on Tuesday evening. I have to make my cakes today (Sunday). I would love to fill them with a raspberry filling and ice the cake tonight. Tomorrow after work is always hectic and I'm afraid I will rush and not do a good job icing the cake smooth or end up staying up to midnight to get it done (not a good thing for me).

How will my cake fair if I fill and ice the cakes today, decorate it Tuesday night in class and serve it Wednesday morning to my co-workers. If you say I should wait until tomorrow, then I will do that. Just trying to save some time and avoid stress...LOL.

Thanks!

5 replies
HerBoudoir Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 6

It'll be fine - just keep it in the fridge. In a perfect world, I'd prefer to bake one day, then decorate and serve the next. But with my schedule, that is rarely going to be the case.

I'm taking the Wilton 1 class now as well - have my last class on Thursday. Because I have (regular college) class late on Wednesdays, I need to have my cake done on Tuesday, or it's just not going to happen. Then it waits until Saturday to go to work with me and get demolished. I've never had any complaints icon_smile.gif

I think I'm making a dark chocolate espresso cake ~ haven't decided 100% yet.

milissasmom Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:16pm
post #3 of 6

Oh...it'll be fine!! Good luck on the classes.

Trixyinaz Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks Her! I'm also making a chocolate cake for final. Everyone at work has asked for the chocolate cake again. This time I'll try not to over bake it icon_wink.gif. I use an egg replacer due to allergies and it alters the cooking time - tastes GREAT tho, can't tell the difference. I got my cupcakes down pat, it's just these darn round cakes that I'm having problems with the cooking time.

What are you going to school for?

HerBoudoir Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:00am
post #5 of 6

I'm working on a degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management. While I'm definately headed into management as a career, part of my curriculum requires several profession/college courses in culinary, including and advance cakes course...picked up a certification in food safety as well. The culinary courses were just gratuitous fun for me, since I'm a foodie.

Just keep that cake cold icon_smile.gif

Trixyinaz Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:36am
post #6 of 6

Thanks Melissa. I will definately keep the cake cold.

Her, good luck in school. That's a great career!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%