Let The Cake Throwdown Voting Begin!!

Decorating By playingwithsugar Updated 31 Mar 2008 , 3:01pm by Teekakes

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 3:07pm
post #31 of 94

Both the cakes are awesome! I can't believe how smooth the buttercream is AND how real those leaves look! I love the soft colors on cake 1 as well! It's going to be tough to decide for sure!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 3:53pm
post #32 of 94

Well I didn't get to vote, my 5yr. old grand daughter has be keeping up with me on the throw down since I learned of it.

So, last night when I said the cakes are up, she came running. She wanted to vote on the cake she like the best...I couldn't take the excitement from her, so I let her vote. I ask what she like about the 2 cakes, she them went into telling what she like & dislike about the cakes...WOW for 5 she really looks at details icon_smile.gif . Thanks! Lea & Christi for this throw down, I now have another beautiful moment that was shared with my DGD that I will remember the rest of my life. It has been so much fun for the both of us keeping up with this! She's all ready asking about the next one icon_lol.gif

I guess in away, I am lucky she took over the voting...because I really couldn't chose. Both cakes have things I really like. Good Luck! Lea & Christi.

God Bless,
Sharon
Lea, I hope & praying your DD is doing better & gets well soon!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:56pm
post #33 of 94

Holy Moly, both cakes are beautiful! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Now I know how the judges on the Food Network Cake Challenges must feel. tapedshut.gif

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:33pm
post #34 of 94

Both of these cakes is drop dead gorgeous!

#1- I love the artisitic design, the pastel roses, and the details. The Celtic style cross and the rosary are a lovely finishing touch. Beautiful!

#2 - I adore the earthy style cross. The buttercream is so smooth--I am jealous! And the blue roses are over the top. Beautiful!

I hope I am never asked to judge a cake contest. Because I am awed by the talent of every cake decorator I see...

EVERYBODY GETS A FIRST PLACE RIBBON! icon_biggrin.gif

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 6:32pm
post #35 of 94

I really like the dark cross and dark blue flowers... Not that the pastels on the other cake aren't LOVELY and perfectly complimenting each other, I'm just not a pastel kinda gal... To each their own! icon_biggrin.gif However, unless I missed something through the glare, the rest of the blue rose cake looks a bit...unfinished? Maybe the contrast was what you were GOING for, but it seems like the roses and cross are so ornate, that the rest of the cake needs to match a bit...

But I still like it... icon_biggrin.gif

lauralee422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauralee422 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:20pm
post #36 of 94

Both cakes are so great, Congrats to you both icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:34pm
post #37 of 94

Beautiful cakes ladies. Love them both.

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:38pm
post #38 of 94

I love both cakes. They are both so well done. The pastel one is beautiful and more "easter-like" to me. However, the roses on the 2nd one just gorgeous. I had a REALLY hard time deciding. I, too, hope I'm never asked to judge a cake contest, b/c everyone is going to win!! LOL

Great job ladies, you should both be proud of yourselves. And in all honesty, if I'd ordered an Easter cake from either of you and given you free reign, I'd be more than thrilled with either one! Beautiful work!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:42pm
post #39 of 94

Butterflywings -

Don't fool yourself about judging. I had the opportunity given to me a couple of times, and I was tougher than the veteran judges were!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:53pm
post #40 of 94

Boy, this is a hard one. They are both beautiful.

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:24am
post #41 of 94

Ladies...........first of all I would like to say both of you have done a great job thumbs_up.gif. Well worth the trash talk. icon_lol.gif Also, I would like to apologize because I couldn't bring myself to pick either one, I loved them both. icon_cry.gif My hubby was wonderful enough to vote for me. In my eyes you are both winners!! judge.gif Congrats!!!

kbgieger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbgieger Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:42am
post #42 of 94

First of all, let me say both cakes are fabulous, and I could only hope to do half as well with roses, etc. DH and I agreed on which cake we liked best. Of course that may mean we both think the same. icon_biggrin.gif . Kudos to both contestants!!!!! (If I only had half your talent.....)

Karen

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:56am
post #43 of 94

. . . great effort on both counts judge.gif . . . I had a house full of people and we all voted . . . it was not unanimous . . . but we did come up with a winner . . . both cakes are so different it truly was a difficult decision . . . thank you both for sharing your talent and inspiration with all of us, it was a great contest . . . I look forward to this feature again and again . . . lots of fun thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:38pm
post #44 of 94

I really like them both! I would personally buy either one of them, they are just both so different from each other. I love the wooden looking cross with blue roses. It's gorgeous. The 1st one is so elegant with it's soft colors and well done. I honestly can't decide which one I like better and I looked at these last night. Good job you two!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:07pm
post #45 of 94

Ok, who hasn't voted yet? We have 147 thousand members, but only 375 votes!

Come on, members! It's free and anonymous. How can you beat that deal?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:13pm
post #46 of 94

icon_smile.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:41pm
post #47 of 94

Actually, that's pretty good! Considering that the most members that have EVER been online at one time is about 1,000...and that it usually averages about 700 at a given time (case in point, right now there are 707 online), that's not too shabby...esp. since it hasn't even been 48 hours icon_smile.gif. Just gonna have to keep bumping it at busy times. However I have no idea what constitutes a "busy time" LOL.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:20am
post #48 of 94

BUMP icon_smile.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:22am
post #49 of 94

BUMP icon_smile.gif

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 4:49am
post #50 of 94

I loved both cakes but the first one really drew me in. Both were doen really well and both yalls flowers are so great!...I also look forward to the next Through Down!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 5:59am
post #51 of 94

i already voted and made my choice yesterday. both cakes are awesome but i can't vote twice icon_smile.gif

good luck and well done to you both!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:59am
post #52 of 94

Wow! You guys are awesome! Thanks for all of the wonderful compliments you have given Christi and me on our cakes!! This has been so much fun and I am looking very forward to the next TD and what the two challengers come up with!! icon_biggrin.gif

wgoat5 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:20pm
post #53 of 94

icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 9:24pm
post #54 of 94

ok! you guys really out did yourselves with this throw down! looks like both of you put a lot of work into these cakes! Great job both of you! I can't wait until the next one! icon_biggrin.gif

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:36pm
post #55 of 94

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif You are all so sweet!

wgoat5 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 10:24am
post #56 of 94

icon_smile.gif

Cak3mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cak3mama Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 5:39pm
post #57 of 94

Great looking cakes Ladies !!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 6:34pm
post #58 of 94

I don't really like either.....

I love both!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

mommycakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommycakediva Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:06pm
post #59 of 94

I think both look great to! They each are so nice for different reasons!

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 11:40pm
post #60 of 94

loriana you are funny!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%