Have Any Of You Taken A Maisie Parrish Class?

Decorating By aprilcake Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 11:57am by TheButterWench

aprilcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilcake Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

I was looking on wilton.com and in August Maisie parrish will be there as a guest instructor teaching her novelty cakes class...during the five day class students will learn and take home a bride/groom on a tractor with hay and all the farm animals on a two tiered cake and then also jungle animals...they look amazing... check out her site...just was wondering if anyone has read any of her books and tried making her figurines...if so...was it hard...also if you have taken one of her classes...i would love to hear about it...i am thinking about taking it!

http://www.maisieparrish.webeden.co.uk/

April :0)

5 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:41am
post #2 of 6

She came to Houston in January along with Toba Garrett and demonstrated many techniques used in her book. She is delightful!! I would love to spend 5 days with her. GO FOR IT!!

Sherri

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:02am
post #3 of 6

i took her classes in charlotte nc several years ago it was a 2 day class the bride and groom i did from her book they are setting on a wagon withay and farm animals chicken house with chicken on top farm tractor etc i took that and added more things to it it was two tier mind you my figures did not look just like hers i had my bride and groom look more like country folks from here ha! but i won a blue ribbon and best of show with the cake at the nc state fair last sept i have several of her books i love her she is a good and kind teacher there was also 3 little pigs in a sty then i made larger ones for the cake all around the cake and dressed them up to be the guest at the wedding ducks cow sheep hen horse rabbit and pig etc it was fun to do anyway i didn,t mean to run on and on she sometimes demos at the convention i think she is this year you will enjoy her

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:06am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for posting that site ! She does awesome work !

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:33am
post #5 of 6

I LOVE Maisie Parrish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a 4 day class with her at Caljava in CA and I enjoyed every minute of it. She's a great artist and a wonderful, patient teacher. I have several of her books and they're fabulous resources.

You'll love the Wilton School in Chicago. You'll get a store discount good for the length of the class and the people who work there are great. Feel free to PM me if you want info on where to stay, etc. All I can say is, if you can swing it, go for it--it will be worth every penny.

HTH
Rae

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:57am
post #6 of 6

I have several of her books, I didn't know she traveled to teach. Man I need to get my head out of the oven more often.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%