Writing On A Cake - How Can I Ensure It Will Be Even Across?

Decorating By born2bake Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 11:10pm by kakeladi

born2bake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 3

When writing Happy Birthday or whatever on a cake, what can I do to ensure I don't run out of room while finishing what I'm writing. I'll start to write Birthday (or what ever) and I'll notice I"m running out of room and starting making the letters small and from there it's just horrible looking.

Good thing I have forgiving friends who let me use them to practice on icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
c420 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 3

You can write the begining and end letter first and then do the middle letters. If you have multiple lines such as "Happy Birthday Sara" You can place the H,Y, B,Y and S,A first where you'd like to then fill in rest of letters. If you want to use cursive type writing you can place a small poke with a toothpick at the begining and end of where you want your word as a guidline. hope this helps!

kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 3

Writer presses are sooooo helpful!

Another trick is to do your writing w/a small tip - like a 2 in the same color icing as you covered the cake. If it's not right you can smooth it and it won't show (too much - depending on how good a smoothing job yu can doicon_smile.gif Once you are satisified overpipe that w/your color of choice.

Lay a piece of dental floss, or thread on the cake to help guide you but you have to be sure you get it straight! icon_smile.gif For letters that go below the line just do the top part until you can remove the thread.

Get a KopyKake or similar machine!

Quote by @%username% on %date%