Help, Edible Image Not Melting

Decorating By Petro Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 12:07am by fiddlesticks

Petro Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:51pm
post #1 of 8

My edible images are not melting into my buttercream icing. I'm using the frosting sheets from Kopykake.

Is there a trick to this?

7 replies
kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure what you mean. The ones I used (BakeryCrafts) don't actually melt into b'c.....they sit on the top of it but are easy to cut and melt in the mouth when eaten.

Petro Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 8

ok maybe I am confused then because I thought the edible images melt into the buttercream. Thanks...it's good to know that I'm crazy then icon_smile.gif

felecia Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 8

no your not crazy...lol....mine melt for lack of a better way of saying it onto my cakes. i think its the oil in the icing that brakes the EI down and then it sticks to the cake.

iamlis Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 8

You need to LIGHTLY mist your Butter Cream-VERY lightly, an airbrush wourks great for this, it does need to "Adhere" to that BC. Sounds like your bC has already crusted and is dry. Brushing a tiny bit of piping gel to the back of your EI would do the trick to-THIS METHOD is tricky-It can literally melt in your hand use a paint brush and lightly paint. If you are a beginner though try to just mist the cake, or dab it with a wet paper towel-Your cake that is!

Momof4luvscakes Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:33pm
post #6 of 8

I spray my cake with a fine mist from a spray bottle before I put the image on. You need a little moisture to get the image to stick.

Petro Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:55pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks, I'll try these suggestions on my next EI cake. After tasting the cake with the image on it, it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. It did stick to the cake but still layered on top. I was thinking the ones in the bakery looked like they literally melted on top of the icing so I was thinking you wouldn't even feel the texture of the image.

Everyone loved the cake so it turned out to be a great Easter.

Happy Easter to everyone
LL

fiddlesticks Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:07am
post #8 of 8

Nice Cake ! I find I like My Edible Images better if I put them on the cake the night before and let them blend into the icing overnight ! You cant even tell your eating one !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%