Decorating By nelly27 Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm by friendly

nelly27 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 28

how many of us are out there now ?
im in nsw near wollongong

27 replies
scgriffiths Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 28

Hi Nelly, I'm from Port Sorell, Tasmania.

nelly27 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 28

is it hard getting decorating stuff there, we dont have a good shop here but they visit at our guild meetings and we can get some great cutters ect

scgriffiths Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 28

There are no decent shops in northern Tassie. I'm finding Spotlight is the best place to shop at the moment. I'd love to try some Crisco, but I'd have to have it posted from Melbourne, and the cost from there is more than the price of the product!
I haven't seen many other Aussies posting recently. Not sure how many are about now.

kiwigirly Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:20am
post #5 of 28

Hi, not an aussie but a kiwi, is that close enough?

I am truly addicted to this site, I love it!

lindy01 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:43am
post #6 of 28

me too, i'm a kiwi and getting so addicted to this website lol

meegz Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:52am
post #7 of 28

Queenslander here... (Tassie originally though!) thumbs_up.gif
Not one shop anywhere near me!!! I do all my shopping online!!! Postage IS a killer though! icon_cry.gif

lindy01 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:57am
post #8 of 28

yes most of my shopping comes from America, so much cheaper, but postage is a big killer!

nelly27 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 7:57am
post #9 of 28

i use ebay,earlcraftncake,usafoodsfor crisco,and polymer clay places cause u can use alltheir stuff with icing,cutters,texture plates,clayguns but id love too open my own shop lol

tania9 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 8:24am
post #10 of 28

I'm in Newy! (Newcastle) NSW!
I get most of my stuff on ebay, especially from the seller 'cakedecoshop'
Locally we have a great shop called Cupids, our Spotlight is absolutely apalling.
icon_smile.gif

Annalie Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:05am
post #11 of 28

Hi

I'm also from Whakatane, New Zealand. I get most of my stuff from Trademe. No cake shops around here....

Annalie

lindy01 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 9:26am
post #12 of 28

yeah the only place to go is spotlight, there only good for their cake boards.

nicolevoorhout Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 10:50am
post #13 of 28

We definitely don't have the range that the states have but we still have a pretty good range of suppliers you can check ones that people have used here http://cakedec.forumotion.com/Supplier-Links-h3.htm

Incognito Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 12:36pm
post #14 of 28

I am in WA! You can buy Crisco at David Jones in the food court. icon_smile.gif

Steph36 Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:51am
post #15 of 28

Hi fellow Aussies!

I am in Sydney, Barkery Sugar Craft have a FAB shop as well as web site. Also Carolines in South Australia is pretty good and a lot of suppliers cross sell her stuff. You can down load their 60 page catalogue icon_lol.gif

I love this site and have been given so much help. I am also doing a few courses at Planet Cake in Balmain, which an amazing experience to say the least, they are so talent!

cheers
Steph

chuelchie Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:23pm
post #16 of 28

Hi Nelly,
am in adelaide.
i get my stuff from carolines, cake decorators world and complete cake decorating all in adelaide
rachel

mumof3girls Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 12:12pm
post #17 of 28

Hi all,

i am from Melbourne, i mainly use ebay for my supplies...spotlight seem to be getting a bigger range which is good

look forward to having some fellow aussies to chat to! I'd love to do some courses at planet cake but they seem so expensive!!!

Louise

cupsncakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 10:09am
post #18 of 28

Hi everyone,
I'm in Adelaide and I'm also seriously addicted to this sight. I've checked out the Ausie Cake decorating forum/website (can't even remember what it's called right now) and it's nowhere near as good as this one. Cake Central has taught me so much!!!

boonenati Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 12:05pm
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupsncakes

Hi everyone,
I'm in Adelaide and I'm also seriously addicted to this sight. I've checked out the Ausie Cake decorating forum/website (can't even remember what it's called right now) and it's nowhere near as good as this one. Cake Central has taught me so much!!!

I guess you havent spent enough time on either site to make such a claim.

cupsncakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 1:38pm
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonenati

Quote:

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry Boonenati, I don't mean to offend. I just mean that I have learnt a lot from this one. I find it easier to navigate and I think it has more info available on it right now (the galleries are amazing). It would be fabulous if an Ausie cake decorating website could ever be so popular, so I do keep it in my favorites and pop in from time to time. Again I'm sorry to offend.

Toniprev Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:38pm
post #21 of 28

The Australian forum is still a NEWBORN .. and so it is obvious that our gallery is still small.... PLUS we don't have the millions of members that CC have. You will find relevant information though for Australian suppliers, & recipes.. and a wonderful Australian sense of humour that keeps the forum loads of fun to be on. For the moment,,... we are an intimate, tight group of cake decorators, from all different levels... who all share a love of CAKE!!!

Meemawfish Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 6:46pm
post #22 of 28

I would like to just say that the Aussie sight is great and has a lot of wonderful people on it that give wonderful advice. I being a US caker was admit in the sight with open arms so that shows how classy this sight really is. I just love all the ladies there and so would anyone else. It doesn't matter if your an Aussie or not. thumbs_up.gif

yummymummycakes Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 8:23pm
post #23 of 28
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonenati

Quote:

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry Boonenati, I don't mean to offend. I just mean that I have learnt a lot from this one. I find it easier to navigate and I think it has more info available on it right now (the galleries are amazing). It would be fabulous if an Ausie cake decorating website could ever be so popular, so I do keep it in my favorites and pop in from time to time. Again I'm sorry to offend.

The Aussie site that you couldnt remember the name of, that you say you keep book marked is Cakes and More and can be found at cakedec.forumotion.com.

As was previously stated this site is still in it's infancy and should you have ever chosen to post there I am sure that you would have found an answer to any question. We pride ourselves on making sure that everybody is welcomed and all questions are replied to, none are left unanswered.

JMHO

maria892 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:13pm
post #24 of 28

As previously stated, the Aussie forum (Aussie with 2 s's) is still new.

If you are missing any information then all you need to do is ask. Just because there is not much information written down - doesn't mean the supply of information is not there. Collectively, we have many years of experience in cake decorating and there are senior members who have a wealth of knowledge. With the old and the new combined, we can help with any question you may have.

It is more helpful at [email protected] because the shops are local and we can share where the specials are on at and what shops they are at. And also, understanding ingredients and measurements is easier.

I have learnt heaps there - but then I just jump in and ask for help. And our knowledge and experience is growing and I am growing with it!

cupsncakes Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:04am
post #25 of 28

Thank you all. I will keep my opinion to myself next time. Like I said, I'm sorry icon_redface.gif

Toniprev Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:35am
post #26 of 28

That's OK CUPSNCAKES...... I think you can be forgiven icon_biggrin.gif There is no us against them! We all met thanks to CC.. and we love CC too.... but C&M offers us relevant info... and speaking personally, have made some of the best friendships through it! The other lovely thing is when the girls are able to organise meet ups.... etc.............

YummyFireMummy Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 5:59am
post #27 of 28

Hi there Tanya!!! I live in Rutherford but I go to Cupids all the time for my supplies!! Even started working there Saturday mornings!!!!!

friendly Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:25pm
post #28 of 28

Hi I am from Townsville Queensland. I can get most of my cake decorating supplies in Townsville but I stock up when visiting family in Melbourne and Sydney.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%