Non-Description Vent

Decorating By servingzero Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 1:29pm by Kay_NL

servingzero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
servingzero Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:42am
post #1 of 6

You know something... a cake that has no description bothers me a little. I enjoy know a little bit about the cake. Perhaps you're sharing the flavour of a cake, or the trials you went through, or some sort of special meaning about the cake...
Maybe I am alone in this, but if there is a cake without a description, I am far less likely to take the time to comment. Surely everyone isn't so "busy" to not give any insight or feelings about their cakes! Maybe I am far too green, and still FEEL something about EVERY cake that I do!
I'm just venting a little.

5 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:52am
post #2 of 6

I totally agree!!!! It's a lot easier to enjoy or make a comment on the cake if you know a little about it. I just finished doing some uncommented cakes and the ones w/o descriptions were a little harder to do icon_confused.gif

So vent away icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Dave

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:03am
post #3 of 6

I like a little background about the cakes as well!!!! Especially those that are really far in their talent level and those of us who are not could use some tips on how it is done!!! Just my thoughts..........

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:06am
post #4 of 6

I think it's quite enough that someone took the time to share their creativity with us and allow us to appreciate different aspects of it.

I tend to look at more things on a cake when there isn't a description.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:17am
post #5 of 6

Sometimes I see myself not knowing what to write in the description..Even though I always write something some of the cakes speak on their own. I always write if it is fondant or buttercream and things like that. Usually then people ask for more details. I do appreciate the people who make the coments so now I tend to thank them!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 6

I really like a description as well, mostly I like to know what materials were used to make certain features they way the are!!

That being said, I try to comment when a cake amazes me. We all love seeing comments on our works of art! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%