My Baby! (Ultrasound)

Lounge By Melvira Updated 14 Apr 2008 , 3:16pm by Melvira

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:03am
post #1 of 57

I am so excited that I just HAD to share this with you all!! I had an Ultrasound today approx 28.5 weeks, and it's just so cute. Many of you know it wasn't long ago that we learned this baby does not have a cleft, but this is the first real glimpse of his face, so now it feels *real* to me that he is not affected. I just had to show you my new angel! I am so proud and excited. He looks just like his older brother, and of course, just like Daddy! I don't see any of me in there, but that's ok... I love that they look like my hubby!
LL

56 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:06am
post #2 of 57

OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! He's GORGEOUS!!!

{Do you think he looks a little like me??} LOL

Oh, I'm so happpppeeeeee!!!!

Congratulations!! {{hug}}
Deanna

TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 57

Still so excited. Gracious sakes. You'd think I was getting a new nephew or something.

Yahooo!!!

Deanna

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:09am
post #4 of 57

You know Deanna... I think he has your eyes! hehehehe!! Isn't he pretty?? Ok, not the right word, but I just can't stop looking at it and giggling! And you ARE getting a new nephew... a new CAKE nephew!! icon_wink.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:17am
post #5 of 57

So precious!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif Is your older son excited to be getting a baby brother?! And on a different note...it's amazing to me what technology there is now--that picture is amazing!

redhare Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:38am
post #6 of 57

Congrats!!! what a great picture!!!! he looks so precious

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:42am
post #7 of 57

Do I see an edible image of this on an upcoming cake??? icon_rolleyes.gif Very sweet Melvira. Glad things are going well.icon_biggrin.gif

karateka Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:49am
post #8 of 57

Oooooh!! Isn't he PRECIOUS???

What a great picture, too. I'm so excited for ya, congratulations!

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 2:53am
post #9 of 57

Oh yes, my "big boy" (it's SO hard to call him that... he's still my baby!) is very excited to become a big brother! He will turn 3 within a few days of the new baby's arrival, so there will be enough of an age gap that he will be super helpful! (He's been practicing on his 9 month old nephew!) He is so cute... he kisses and pats my tummy and says 'baby'! It's adorable! I agree that the technology amazes me!! That clear of a picture all the way through my 'layers'! It's unbelievable! icon_surprised.gif

Hmmm... that would make an adorable cake, wouldn't it?? Great idea Bob! (See, now if I do it, it's YOUR fault! Heheheh!)

karateka Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:51am
post #10 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

He is so cute... he kisses and pats my tummy and says 'baby'!

That's just too cute. icon_lol.gif

veejaytx Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:06am
post #11 of 57

That is so amazing, to be able to have a picture before he arrives! Beautiful baby!

ShirleyW Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:07am
post #12 of 57

Aren't those ultra sound pictures amazing? They didn't have that yet with my last child, that was 35 years ago. And we did not know the sex. If I were having children today I would want to know everything. He looks so beautiful , have you thought of a name yet for this little guy?

all4cake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:26am
post #13 of 57

That is truly awesome! You are the best for sharing this too!

the picture looks like an older black and white oil painting of someone holding a newborn's face.

He's got CURVY lips.

That is a really nice ultrasound shot.

ccr03 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:49am
post #14 of 57

CONGRATS!! CONGRATS!!! CONGRATS!!!

Ohara Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:45am
post #15 of 57

AMAZING!!! I love the new ultrasound pictures. I have been wondering how you were doing. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm
post #16 of 57

Thanks everyone for sharing this with me... you know you're like family, so I had to share my joy!

We had a hard time with the name, my DH was absolutely not liking anything I came up with. (But didn't have any suggestions of his own!) The only thing he liked from my list was Gabriel, and I liked it at first, but now I am leaning more to Zachary and DH has agreed with that one. So it will be one of those I am sure. I like Gabriel, but the more I used it, the more I liked Zachary! So I tried that for 2 weeks and it's stuck fairly well! With my first son we named him the day we found out he was a boy, and it never waivered, so I'm not used to being unsure about it!! I think the problem is that Daddy didn't like the name that I had sort of already chosen. That made it harder!

Anyway, all I have to do now it get those stupid new windows in the nursery, then I can start decorating! I have this huge pile of decor and stuff just waiting! The wallpaper border is haunting me!! AHHH!!! icon_wink.gif

mkolmar Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm
post #17 of 57

What a great ultra sound photo. He's absolutely precious!

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:05pm
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

We had a hard time with the name, my DH was absolutely not liking anything I came up with. (But didn't have any suggestions of his own!) The only thing he liked from my list was Gabriel, and I liked it at first, but now I am leaning more to Zachary and DH has agreed with that one. So it will be one of those I am sure. I like Gabriel, but the more I used it, the more I liked Zachary! So I tried that for 2 weeks and it's stuck fairly well! With my first son we named him the day we found out he was a boy, and it never waivered, so I'm not used to being unsure about it!! I think the problem is that Daddy didn't like the name that I had sort of already chosen. That made it harder!

I vote for "Bob". Great name Bob! icon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:16pm
post #19 of 57

So we're going with Zachary Dean (after me)?
icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif kidding

Zachary Bob Dean?

LOL

He's still so cute. I had to come check on him again today. thumbs_up.gif

Deanna

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:20pm
post #20 of 57

"Little Bobby Wonderbuns". Isn't that what they say about baby butts? icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:06pm
post #21 of 57

Zachary Bob Dean??? Isn't that child abuse?? hahaha! And, I hate to admit, the child is probably going to end up being called "Little Bobby Wonderbuns" a few times now! icon_lol.gif That's cute and funny! Ok, wait, my husband came up with a compromise...

Ladies and gentleman, I'd like to introduce "Zachary Dean Wonderbuns!" Heheheheheeh! He'd crap if I named him that! Actually Deanna, you'd like the middle name I have picked... Andrew! My sister's middle name is Anne, so I wanted to get that in there a little, and it could also be for you! I guess it depends on if you make him a fancy fondant horse or not! Heheheh. Kidding!

You guys are too funny! You keep me smiling!

fmcmulle Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:07pm
post #22 of 57

What an awesome picture!!!! I am so happpppyyyyyy for you and your family. The technology today just amazes me. It is truly an awesome picture. icon_biggrin.gif
Faye

TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:29pm
post #23 of 57

Okay, you can call him Zachary Andrew but when I pronounce it, I'll say it "Zachary (de)AN(na)DREW." LOL

Then, for just a second, I thought my nephew Andrew's birthday was near your due date, but then I realized it's not Andrew's birthday, it's his little brother's birthday near your due date. Oh well, cool coincidence averted.

Deanna

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:37pm
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

Okay, you can call him Zachary Andrew but when I pronounce it, I'll say it "Zachary (de)AN(na)DREW." LOL

Ok, now that's just good stuff! Deannadrew! If it were a girl that might work! icon_wink.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:18pm
post #25 of 57

You think Deannadrew is good, you should meet my sister. Her name is Cindy. Her ex's name is Perry. They had a daughter. Cindy wanted to combine their names but then couldn't decide on a middle name of Sarah, Anna, or Lea, so she named her daughter Cerry Sarannalea. Pronounce it Carrie Sa-RON-ah-lee.

<shaking head> Poor kid.

Deanna

Melvira Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:26pm
post #26 of 57

Oh my... and they wonder why she hates them! icon_rolleyes.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 9:37pm
post #27 of 57

Now little Bobby Wonderbuns would be thrilled and honored at his name! icon_biggrin.gif

BarbaraK Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 4:16am
post #28 of 57

Melvira, what a beautiful picture of your gorgeous baby. He looks like he is posing for you so you can get a great pic of him. Glad everything is going well with the pregnancy.

For the record, I like Zachary. thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 5:13am
post #29 of 57

I vote for Zachary as well! That is my only grandson's name, and he is a real sweetie!

TooMuchCake Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:59pm
post #30 of 57

Happy Easter, Zachary! And everyone else at Melvira's house!

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%