Need Help Incorporating 2 Difficult Logos

Decorating By mom2owen1 Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 4:30pm by Marysmom

mom2owen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2owen1 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 7

Help! I have a last minute cake order and have no idea what to do. The customer needs to feed around 40 and wants these two logos on the cake.

I was initially thinking a round layered cake with many of the 'v' logo around the side with a big 'saints' logo on top (standing upright). both chocolate transfer?

any better ideas? The saints logo is very detailed. I have only done chocolate transfer once, so i am not sure how well i could get it to turn out.

It is due on Easter for a group of computer game animators. This makes me very nervous since they do graphics for a living and are very detail oriented.

Thanks for any and all ideas! Kris
LL

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:34am
post #2 of 7

I have found CTs easy to do. Not sure yu have to be sooooooo detailed oriented even w/who it's foricon_smile.gif
Do you have means to make frosting sheet pix? That's what I would do. Put them on fondant plaques. Just roll the fondant rather thin but still thick enought that it won't stretch out of shape when you handle it.

mom2owen1 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:06am
post #3 of 7

is a frosting sheet pix just an edible image? if so, then no i don't. i called a couple bakeries today to see if i could pay them to print one for me but they didn't have the hardware.

i didn't have the time to start on this cake tonight. the cake for an event tomorrow took longer then i thought. so i will have to tackle this when the kids go to bed saturday night and hope it turns out since i will be pressed for time.

would still love to hear suggestions on cake shape, etc!

thanks

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:16am
post #4 of 7

you can actually print this out on regular computer paper if you don't have an edible printer.

place it on a gumpaste plaque and let it dry hard.

Place on the cake a few small marshmellows so the image can float over the cake, and it can be removed for eating.

Hope this helps you out for now.

briannastreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 3:44am
post #5 of 7

TheButterWench, that's a great idea!!! That would make it quite easy, especially when there isn't much time to work on it.

Good luck!!

mom2owen1 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:04am
post #6 of 7

thank you thank you!

the cake ended up being postponed. when it does happen the customer now wants artwork from the game in addition to the logos.

does anyone out there that has edible image printing capabilities be willing to print & mail to me? What kind of cost is associated with this?

kris

Marysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marysmom Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 4:30pm
post #7 of 7

I think the two logos are doable. However, I think that the client might be asking too much by adding even more with the artwork from the game.

If you do add the artwork, I would charge more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%