Splenda Cake

Baking By WendyLaLa Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 11:28am by sistaworkin

WendyLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyLaLa Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 4

Has anyone out there have a good splenda chocolate cake recipe. I tried a sugar free mix and I wouldn't feed that to anyone. I have an order pending for a sugar free choc cake and I can't sell someone something that taste like death!!!! Oh and if anyone makes a splenda bc thats edidble let me know!!! Thank you much
LaLa

3 replies
daveilg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daveilg Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:35am
post #2 of 4

I did a little research on Splenda a while back. They say you can use your regular recipe and use the same qty of Splenda as sugar. Be aware though, that reg sugar acts as a preservative and Splenda does not. Splenda recommends consuming the cake with in 24 hrs. Otherwise use it as you would sugar. I have not tried it yet but I will soon. Don't know hoe it will cooperate in icing yet! If you want further info you can go to the Splenda website, it's very informative thumbs_up.gif

Hope this helps!!
Dave

WendyLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyLaLa Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:25am
post #3 of 4

Thanks! But using it within 24 hours aaah man I usually bake on the day before so the cake settles. Does it say that it will be yucky the day after? Man I swear!!!! If your not in it to win it why eat cake. Man I'd rather drink water!!!!! I'm so frustrated!!! But what can I do !!! thanks so much Mr. Dave for your info!!!! I will try Splenda .com You rock thanks

sistaworkin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistaworkin Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:28am
post #4 of 4

I once had an order for a diabetic cake and I used Splenda. It was very difficult. I ended up not even charging the customer because the texture just didn't sit right with me. It's better with a sugar blend. I made many using various recipes. The batter was doughy and sticky and when I baked it, it wouldn't form to the pan. If you do have success, I would love for you to share your recipe. It was a big challenge for me. It was also better to bake in a very small batch. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%