How Do I Get Half Ball Shape Into And Easter Basket Help!!!

Decorating By catin Updated 22 Mar 2008 , 12:01am by oodu

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 2

Ok , Well I was appointed by my Family to Come up with Dessert for our Family Easter gathering on Sunday . I already baked the cakes . I have a half ball (Soccer ball ) and a 8" round Cake to work with .

I was thinking on making the Half Ball shape into a white Easter Basket .... But I'm Stumbed . I already premade little Easter eggs and Ribbon to go on the Cake ... And I'm out of practically all my colors (MMF) . WHAT TO DO >>> WHAT TO DO !!!

I Know that with the teriffic people on this site . There will be some help

I need the Help ASAP!! My Mother wants me to bring it to the venue tomorrow . AHHHHHH!!!!

Julie

1 reply
oodu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oodu Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:01am
post #2 of 2

What I am envisioning for an Easter basket from a half of a sports ball pan is this...place the cake, flat side up, on a cake board (level off a part of the bottom of the cake so it can sit and not roll around). Then starting from a few inches of the center of the cake (either side), looking at the cake from the side, cut straight down a few inches, and then straight across; repeat on the other side. When you look at the cake from the side it should look like a basket with a handle. You can even scoop out some of the cake from the "inside" of the basket to hold your eggs, etc. You can use the basketweave technique with light brown icing (either food coloring or just a little bit of cocoa powder). I hope this is clear and not confusing...very difficult to put into words without being able to illustrate. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%