Mmf Troubles

Decorating By bjfranco Updated 6 May 2006 , 2:31am by mlala98

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 6

Here is a marshmellow tip for all of you out there that have not made MMF before...... MARSHMELLOWS EXPANDS WHEN HEATED....... dunce.gif

I did not know this. Marshmellow everywhere. The inside of my microwave was covered. The door was seal shut with marshmellow. uuugghhhh. I had not even had a cup of coffee yet.
icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I called my mother to tell her what happened at 6:30 am and she started laughing...... icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif She was killing herself laughing saying she thought I knew that. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I was glad I could make her morning.

I will try MMF again but I will at least have a cup of coffee first, bigger bowl and fewer marshmellows. icon_biggrin.gif

Just wanted to warn all the marshmellow challenged people, like myself, out there to be careful!!!!

bj icon_wink.gif

5 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

Oh I am so sorry! That almost happened to me the first time too, but my nephew started screaming "It's growing! It's growing!" so I caught it in time.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 6

You poor thing!! I'm reading your post and I'm sooooooooooo trying not to giggle though with the way you've told your story icon_biggrin.gif

As soon as the marshmallows expand, they're usually melted so all you have to do is stir them .. you have to watch them really carefully as all microwaves cook differently.

Sorry again about your marshmallow disaster!

eve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve Posted 9 Aug 2005 , 8:17pm
post #4 of 6

icon_smile.gif I am new to MMF, although I made it 4 times (4 batches) this past week-end..I heat up mine just enough to make it really soft, but not to the point where it will start growing and moving..It came out perfect all that time..no problems.. YOu don't really have to make it really hot to be able to mix it with powdered sugar. thumbs_up.gif

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 2:58pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks ladies! I will try it again................... someday when I have nothing to do and I have plenty of time to pick the melted marshmellow out of the vents. icon_lol.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

mlala98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlala98 Posted 6 May 2006 , 2:31am
post #6 of 6

I tried the MMF for the first time and I guess I was lucky I did not watch it but I did not get a big mess. Nice to know this for the future, I will be using this for my daughter wedding cake. thumbs_up.gif [/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%