Good Sources And Prices On Cake Boxes?

Business By QueenBee1 Updated 24 Mar 2008 , 1:22am by punkin712

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 14

I am getting ready to place an order for 10" cake boxes and boards and need some suggestions on sources. I had saved previous posts, but unfortunately, they were lost during this site's crash. I would really appreciate it if some of you would respond with where you order.

Thank you!!

13 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 14
fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 12:06am
post #3 of 14
Quote:

I second this! I have boxes ranging from 6" to half sheet boxes from this company. I also have their cupcake holders. I HATE the boxes available everywhere else because the 'flaps' have to go on the outside, and that just looks so sloppy to me. The boxes from brpboxshop.com actually are made so that the lids tuck into the box itself, and the tab closure is much more secure then those 'other' boxes icon_rolleyes.gif! HTH!

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 14

Thanks Doug and fluttercakes!! This is one of the sites I have bookmarked. It's good to have such positive feedback. That definitely makes me feel comfortable about ordering from them.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

punkin712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin712 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 14

Check out this website too:
http://www.papermart.com/

I haven't ordered from there myself, but I have a friend who raves about it. Looking at their prices, they seem quite a bit less expensive than BRP.

Anyone know if BRP offers wholesale or bulk rate pricing that isn't on their website?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin712

I haven't ordered from there myself, but I have a friend who raves about it. Looking at their prices, they seem quite a bit less expensive than BRP.

Anyone know if BRP offers wholesale or bulk rate pricing that isn't on their website?

just did a test using 6x6x4 white/brown no window boxes

at papermart w/ shipping added --> 30 cents each
at brp -- free shipping -- 25 cents each

one must never forget to add shipping costs!

ssunshine564 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ssunshine564 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 7:20pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks for the info Doug.

fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 14

Yeah, the free shipping is a major plus! Also, the boxes at papermart.com are the flappie ones...ick icon_razz.gif!

punkin712 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 3:30am
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:

just did a test using 6x6x4 white/brown no window boxes

at papermart w/ shipping added --> 30 cents each
at brp -- free shipping -- 25 cents each

one must never forget to add shipping costs!

WOW! I see what you mean. Even with PaperMart's 15% discount for $200+, the shipping adds a hefty cost to the total. icon_eek.gif

Maybe I should take a closer look at BRP's boxes.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:40pm
post #10 of 14

I'm so glad that ya'll mentioned the "flappy" vs "tuck" with brp boxes! I've also been searching for boxes that I can "tuck" on the sides! I really wanted to order a bunch of pink boxes, but never ordered them because they're the "flappy" kind and I hate that look! I'm going to consider brp now! Thanks so much!

punkin712 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 1:57pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

I'm so glad that ya'll mentioned the "flappy" vs "tuck" with brp boxes! I've also been searching for boxes that I can "tuck" on the sides! I really wanted to order a bunch of pink boxes, but never ordered them because they're the "flappy" kind and I hate that look! I'm going to consider brp now! Thanks so much!

I'm still not clear on the "flappy" vs. "tuck" issue. Does this refer to the thickness of the cardboard or the way the side flaps fold into the box once it's assembled. When I look at the boxes on PaperMart and BRP, they look very similar.

I'm getting ready to order a few thousand boxes from somewhere and don't want to end up with something I'll be unhappy with. I have to say, though, I really like the front closure on the BRP boxes.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 2:11pm
post #12 of 14

I am going to order from BRP also, but noticed that they don't have much of a selection of boards. I'm not into gold foil and would just like to find some that are the greasless pads. Anybody have an idea? Thanks!

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:38pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:

Quote:

I'm still not clear on the "flappy" vs. "tuck" issue. Does this refer to the thickness of the cardboard or the way the side flaps fold into the box once it's assembled. When I look at the boxes on PaperMart and BRP, they look very similar.

I'm getting ready to order a few thousand boxes from somewhere and don't want to end up with something I'll be unhappy with. I have to say, though, I really like the front closure on the BRP boxes.

In this picture, notice the side "flaps" on the open box.....if you look at the closed box, those side flaps are tucked inside the box, rather than not fitting and having to be taped down on the outside! They've allowed xtra room so that it tucks nice and neat and looks very professional....not to mention they have a great front closure!
LL

punkin712 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:22am
post #14 of 14
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In this picture, notice the side "flaps" on the open box.....if you look at the closed box, those side flaps are tucked inside the box, rather than not fitting and having to be taped down on the outside! They've allowed xtra room so that it tucks nice and neat and looks very professional....not to mention they have a great front closure!

Thanks for the visual. I guess I never had a box where the side flaps didn't tuck inside the box completely. I wouldn't have known what was going wrong if they didn't fit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%