The Italian Merengue Cream Cheese Icing On Cc??

Decorating By Jopalis Updated 27 Mar 2008 , 3:55pm by Jopalis

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 13

Anyone tried it? Looking for opinions... thanks! icon_smile.gif

12 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 13

Use ShirleyW! I use IMBC all the time. It isn't as diffcult as you think and it tastes delish!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 13

Thank you Shirl, that was a nice thing to say. icon_smile.gif

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 13

I just made it for the first time today...OMG is it good! I am trying to find out if you can freeze the leftovers. Anybody have the answer? I would hate to throw it away!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 13

I have frozen it for up to two months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, bring to room temperature and rebeat it. You may want to taste it and see if it needs a bit more flavoring, vanilla or a tiny drop or two of orange extract, it sometimes loses a bit of flavor when frozen.

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 13

is there a link to it?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 11:22am
post #8 of 13

Thanks!

Jopalis Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 13

I have tried Shirley's IMBC and love it! I was just wondering specifically about the cream cheese one listed on CC.... Are you all talking about that one?

trixieleigh Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 2:01pm
post #10 of 13

Jopalis...I tried the cream cheese one listed here. It was very good. My family LOVED it! The only problem I had with it(which was probably my fault)was that there was little tiny lumps of cream cheese in it that would occasionally get stuck in my decorating tip.

Jopalis Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:22pm
post #11 of 13

Thanks! I will have to re-read it to see if the cream cheese should be room temp. You do switch to the paddle and maybe that is not blending it in enough. Wow... you decorated with it? What did you pipe? I will try it. Lots of fat between the butter and cream cheese.... Oh well cake is not the place to count calories!!

trixieleigh Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:45pm
post #12 of 13

I did switch to the paddle, but I think my cream cheese was not "warm" enough. I just piped a simple border and attempted fleur-de-lis around the sides of a round cake. Topped it with fresh strawberries. I did it for us, so I could get practice working with it. I used a yellow cake mix with added citrus flavoring and filled it with Polaner's Strawberry jam. It was GOOD!

Jopalis Posted 27 Mar 2008 , 3:55pm
post #13 of 13

Yummmmm. I want some... Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%