Can You Color Lollipop Sticks?

Sugar Work By projectqueen Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 8:11am by Honeydukes

projectqueen Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 10

I need green ones and wonder if there's an easy way to make the white ones green.

I thought of dipping them in the green melts but then when people hold them to eat the lollipop they will be kind of melty.

Any ideas? Thanks.

9 replies
gandelmom Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 10

I'd like to know, too.
Is there non-toxic paint?!
Or can you wrap it in floral tape?

projectqueen Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:34pm
post #3 of 10

I'm going to place each lollipop into the center of a cupcake so I don't want to use floral tape, but that was a good thought.

Any other ideas? Would dipping them into royal icing work?

procrastibaker Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 10

have you tried dipping them in water tinted with green food coloring then just set out to dry

projectqueen Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKA

have you tried dipping them in water tinted with green food coloring then just set out to dry

Have you actually tried it? I don't mind trying it but I was wondering if you have done it before and if they dry totally before adding the candy melts. I'm asking because I know that water + candy melts is a no-no. (Don't ask me how I know that icon_redface.gif )

Thanks!

ericaann79 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:45pm
post #6 of 10

Mika, that is what I do. get a little tray of water and put some food color in it and soak the sticks for a few minutes...you can repeat once they are dry if you need them darker...

projectqueen Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 10

Great to know!

How long to they take to dry?

procrastibaker Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 10

Honestly I do not know and no I have not tried it yet. But, I would think that if you coated the sticks in candy it would melt from the persons body heat if they hold them.

cakesbyjackie Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:53am
post #9 of 10

How soon do you need them? AC Moore near me sells green lollipop sticks - they're plastic and already green. They're make by Make n Mold - you can search the company and find them.

Honeydukes Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 8:11am
post #10 of 10

I've painted sticks with food coloring mixed with everclear and I've also used food color markers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%