Charlie Brown Ideas?

Decorating By 3boysmama Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 11:18pm by butterflywings

3boysmama Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 7

I am making a Charlie Brown 1/4 sheet and smash cake today. I have a light blue background on the big cake already, and did a FBT that's in the freezer. It's Charlie Brown's full body. I was just going to write 'Happy 1st Birthday Brandon' on that. And, I did a 6" round for the smash cake, covered it in yellow buttercream and did a black 'zig zag' like Charlie Brown's shirt around the sides. I was just going to put a big '1' in the middle of the smash cake. I'm looking for ideas to put little 'somethings' around the big cake to add a little 'pizzazz'... anyone have any ideas?

Here's my inspiration:

Thanks coffeewoman!

6 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:40pm
post #2 of 7

How about piping little Woodstocks around the sides? Or footballs, since Charlie can never kick it? Or "Good grief, Brandon is 1" or "You're a good man, Brandon"?

Post a pic when you finish it!

loriana Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 7

Here is a neat one that Sharon Zambito did:

Good luck!

3boysmama Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 7

here's what I ended up with... I'm still not happy about 'smoothing' the cakes... I have a really hard time with that part.

Thanks for looking!

pjmw Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:08pm
post #5 of 7

awesome cake! it looks great. I'd love it.

TooMuchCake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 7

butterflywings Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:18pm
post #7 of 7

they are so cute... my youngest was sitting next to me as i was reading this thread and he immediately knew Charlie... he said "mommy, it's snoopy's boy" (he's 4)

Quote by @%username% on %date%