Has Anyone Work With A 10*4 Round Cake Pan

Decorating By lanuevarepostera Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 9:00pm by plbennett_8

lanuevarepostera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanuevarepostera Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:21am
post #1 of 11

HI EVERYONE....HAVE ANY OF YOU WORK WITH A 10*4 CAKE PAN...I JUST DID ONE AND I DONT KNOW IF I FILL IT UP TOO MUCH....IT WASNT COMPLETED COOKED AND I LFT IT IN THE OVE FOR HOUR AND HALF...ANY TIPS YOU CAN SHARE WITH ME WILL BE APPRECIATED....THANKSSSS

10 replies
plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 11

Ok...I'm assuming (know the definition of that...chuckle...) that you mean a 10" round - 4" deep pan? Are there 4" deep pans??? If so, did you use an inverted greased flower nail, or heating core to help cook the center? Also, I highly recommend heating strips around the outside of the cake. I cook at 325 degrees, so my cakes always take longer... I would suggest that you pick up an oven temperture gauge...a lot of ovens are either under or over temperture. Yours may be under and that is why it took so long...

HTH,
Pat

lanuevarepostera Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 11

Yes they do have a 10 by 4 inches round cake pan...i just bought it yesterday....i did use the heating core....i do have the strip but i didnt use them...do you know how much i need fill the cakepa....and yes I also have the termomether(sorry if its spelled wrong) in the oven....

plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 11

Well...hmmm... I have 3" pans and I fill them 2/3rds full, but...Wilton sugguests that you only fill them 1/2 full... With the flower nail and strips, baking at 325 I have no problems. My cakes just take a little longer to cook... So, I would think that a 4" pan would take even longer and I would highly recommend using the strips. Remember to soak them well...

HTH,
Pat

akslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akslice Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 11

I use the heating core as well. I fill mine 2/3 full, too. I have never used the flower nail - does it work as wellas the heating core? Tha would be much easier than the plug!

lanuevarepostera Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 11

perfect....thanks for your advise....i have the short strips but i will go and buy the longs one.....and put it at 325 and i will try for hour and a half and if i think it needs more i will leave it longer....thanks so mucho for your help...i am trying to make the tupsy turvy so i will send you a mssg so you could see once i do it...

akslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akslice Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:50pm
post #7 of 11

Good Luck!!! I want to know how you do the topsy turvy after it's done!!

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:57pm
post #8 of 11

akslice - Here are the instructions for making a topsy turvey cake. If you need any help you can pm me. icon_smile.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1-instructions-for-building-a-whimsical.html

plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 11

AK,

The flower nails work great! icon_biggrin.gif Just make sure you grease it well. I sometimes use more than one on Big cakes. When you flip your cake out, remove it, and then turn it back right side up to cool. icon_smile.gif

Lanue,

You know that you can just pin the strips together? Before I bought another set, I was a little short going around a pan and I just cut up a wash cloth, wet it really good, and used it to fill the gap. Worked like a charm. icon_biggrin.gif Use the good old toothpick check method for making sure when it's done...

Happy Baking! icon_smile.gif
Pat

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:04pm
post #10 of 11

pjaycakes,
your link went to an angel cake recipe.
I to would love topsy turvy instructions.
Jen...

plbennett_8 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 9:00pm
post #11 of 11

Mellormom,

Go to the "Articles" tab, and look under the heading "How to - Tutorials", and it is in there...

http://www.cakecentral.com/article1-Instructions-For-Building-A-Whimsical-Tilted-Cake.html

Everyone should look around in the articles, there is some Great information and knowledge just waiting for you to find it! icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck,
Pat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%