Safari Theme Retirement Cake

Decorating By tytyrita Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 7:02pm by tytyrita

tytyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tytyrita Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:02am
post #1 of 7

A senior colleague is retiring and i have been asked to make the cake, she loves going to South Africa every chance she gets and we thot to make her a safari theme cake. i would like to make a few safari animals(Elephant, giraffe, lion and monkey), and Nina(my colleague) as an explorer in khaki jacket, shorts, helmet and binoculars.. the only problem is I don't know how! could anyone help me pls.. i will appreciate any advice..many thanks and hope to hear from u soon..Happy Easter to u all

6 replies
ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:43am
post #2 of 7

What I did was I went to Michaels and purchased some polymer clay sculpting books and learned from that. Good luck!
LL

ladyonzlake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:44am
post #3 of 7

What I did was I went to Michaels and purchased some polymer clay sculpting books and learned from that. Good luck!
LL

tytyrita Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks a lot ladyonzlake, both for ur prompt response and suggestion. I live in the UK i don't know where Michaels is, but i will check the inetrnet for books on polymer modelling. thanks a lot i will let you know how it went.

tytyrita Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 7

Been searching but could not find the book, could you pls tell me the title, many thanks

ladyonzlake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:24pm
post #6 of 7

I have "Fun-tastic Clay Critters" by Nancy Overmyer and "I can't believe I'm sculpting clay figures" by Becky Meverden.

tytyrita Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:02pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks a million! you are a gem.. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%