Chocolate Melts In Bc??

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 6:02pm by TexasSugar

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:53am
post #1 of 12

A few weeks ago I tried making chocolate bc but instead of cocoa I put chocolate melts in it...it worked pretty well but I saw that there were still little bits of chocolate left in the bc. I melted it first...then added it in before I did the sugar. HOW should I be adding in melted chocolate to my bc? I need to make this frosting again and I want to make it right!

Thanks!
Stephanie

11 replies
step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:40pm
post #2 of 12

CAN'T ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS??? icon_cry.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 12

Hmmmm - I don't really have good advice for you. I did it once using either Merckens or Wilton melts and it was ok for me. Maybe try another brand of melts?? Sorry I'm not more help. At least this is a bump for someone else to offer some advice...

step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 12

yes, I did use Wilton melts. But I guess what I wanted to know is when is it best to add them in? I thought maybe this was the reason why I got those little speckles of chocolate left over.

Thanks!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 12

I pretty much made the whole recipe, so I had plain white/vanilla BC then drizzed the melts in at the very end. good luck! icon_smile.gif

Actually, I like adding Hershey's chocolate syrup better - super easy, no need to melt, no flecks...works GREAT. Plus I think it tastes better.

step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:05pm
post #6 of 12

oh ok...just add it at the end then.

The chocolate syrup sounds great! I will have to try that for next time since this customer wanted the chocolate melts in it like I made it when they tasted it! icon_lol.gif

Thanks!

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 12

I melt down Nestle's chocolate chips, and fold them into my completed BC. In other words, I make my BC like regular, then fold the melted chocolate in. Then I add a little corn syrup to make it blend better.

step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:11pm
post #8 of 12

thanks AJsGirl...I will have to remember the corn syrup!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 12

I make my reg buttercream and have added in melted WHITE choc melts at the end, and it was fine. I didnt find any choc bits left.

step0nmi Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:23pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

I make my reg buttercream and have added in melted WHITE choc melts at the end, and it was fine. I didnt find any choc bits left.

thanks...yeah, it might have been because I added them before i did all the ps. Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:34pm
post #11 of 12

That would be my guess ! After my icing was all done,I just stirred in the melted choc with my spatula. It was so yummy ! I would just try again ! Happy Easter !

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 6:02pm
post #12 of 12

Do you use butter? If so the butter might have been just cold enough to harden the chocolate a little.

Or it may have not been melted completely (or cooled a little too much) and just had a few hard bits in it.

I've added melted chocolate to the crisco and I have added it in after it is made and haven't had any problems. I've used candy melts, chocolate chipes and melted chocolate squares.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%