Marshmellow Fondant

Decorating By divinedivacakes Updated 23 Apr 2008 , 3:25am by divinedivacakes

divinedivacakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 6

I haven't worked with this in about a year, so does anybody have any ideas on how far in advance I can make the tiny fondant balls for this cake. Also, anybody have a smackin fabulous fondant recipe? Thanks!! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Biya Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 6

You can make fondant balls as far ahead as you like. I have some made months ago, they are 50/50 and coated in luster dust, left overs from another cake I made. I'm sure they don't go bad as long as you can keep them cool and dry.

divinedivacakes Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you so much Biya! When you say 50/50 do you mean the mix of marshmellows to the powdered sugar? You lost me there. I use 16 oz of marshmellows to 2lbs of powdered sugar. Thanks for helping me!!! REALLY REALLY APPRECIATED!!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Biya Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 6

Your cake turned out great! 50/50 refers to a mix of fondant and gumpaste. If you mix the two it shortens the dry time and changes the texture a bit. I prefer this because it helps hold shapes when your trying to form it or sculpt it. Sometimes I do less gumpaste, about 25/75 so I have a longer work time (before it starts drying out). I also think that the gumpaste gives the fondant some extra stability and elasticity when mixed. HTH

toleshed Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6

that is such a gorgeous cake. I do cookies but that sure makes me want to learn to do cakes. Just beautiful

divinedivacakes Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:25am
post #6 of 6

Well here it is, my second fondant tiered cake. Ended up putting pearl luster dust on the entire cake as well as the pearls. They ate it!! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%