Printer For Edible Image Or Printing On Wafer Paper?

Decorating By nesweetcake Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 4:29pm by tiggy2

nesweetcake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

Have heard nightmares about unsuccessful and expensive printers/systems etc for edible image or printing on wafer paper. Does anyone know, can you purchase a dedicated printer only for use with edible ink and use in conjuction with your current computer. If so, any sugggestions as to type of printer or will any cheap one do. Where to get ink cartridges and and tips, pros/cons to this? Some say cartridges get gumed up etc. Please advise with any help. icon_cool.gif Thanks in advance.

5 replies
tiggy2 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 6

If you do a search in the forums you will find many discussions on this and the printers people have. Kopykake's web site has a list of printers that are compatable with edible ink cartridges. The only ones I know of are epson and canon. I have an epson hooked up to my computer along with my regular printer and it works fine.

Molly2 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 6

I am so glad you posted this I am in the process of looking in to getting something I really can't afford to buy the full package all at once but I am looking in to buying it piece by piece I really don't know if I should get the cannon or epison I've heard pros and cons on both.
Thanks for the post question.
Molly2

Molly2 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 6

tiggy

What kind of epson do you have? a 5000 or ? also did you get the attachment the one kopykakes as for sale for $15.00

Molly2

ladyonzlake Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 5:51am
post #5 of 6

I recently replace my Canon ip4200 since the print head went out on me (it's only 6months old) so I puchased a Canon ip3500 from Office Depot for $79.00 with a $20 mail in rebate. You can see it online at www.officedepot.com. I get my ink from KopyKake but I suggest you use your printer at least once a week to keep the print heads from clogging up.

tiggy2 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:29pm
post #6 of 6

I only use my epson every couple of months and it has never clogged on me (knock on wood). I purchased refillable cartridges on ebay so I don't need the chip resetter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%