Tiera's -

Decorating By terrylee Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 10:09pm by sarahnichole975

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 6

I have tried to make a tiera with the royal icing but it is still real fragile... Does it make the royal icing stronger by adding more meringue powder? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

5 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 6

I would make a real egg white RI. You just use one egg white and beat in powdered sugar until you get the consistency you would like and make sure it is not yellow otherwise you did not beat it long enough. I usually beat it by hand.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 6

I made one before and I just used regular royal icing w/egg. You have to let it dry forever before using it. Maybe what you can do is try dust a little (teeny) bit of shortening on the wax paper before piping and see what happens. No, the grease won't intefere because you are not adding it to the actual royal icing mixture.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 6

Yep, real whites and you can add cream or tartar or tylose to make it stronger.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the replys...sounds like the real thing is the best....

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 10:09pm
post #6 of 6

I am so glad to see this. I didn't realize you could make RI like that. I have so much trouble with the packaged one and the one with the meringue powder being so fragile.

Why is it that everytime I write, type, or say fragile, I hear the dad from A Christmas Story in my head?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%