Acd Subscription

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 26 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm by superstar

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 11

How many of you ladies have subscribed to ACD?? Do you think it's worth it?? I have been considering subscribing and found a website that sells a year for $28.00, but to me it's still expensive for only 6 issues.

Do you think that the magazine is worth the money....or could I learn all the same things here??

10 replies
cakequeen50 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 11

I got it for years but now that I have found cake central, I see more than I could ever see in ACD. I put the money that I would have spent on ACD and Mailbox news and donated to cake central!

I find it much easier to search on the computer than go page by page in all those issues to find an article that I want.

luvbakin Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 11

I subscribed for this last year and I wasn't really impressed. Like Cakequeen50 says, I get more info off cc. I'm not renewing.

bostonterrierlady Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 11

I love getting it. I also get Mailbox News. I have all the ACD that have been published. I have also collected Mailbox News clear back to the Late 50's. They are my prized collecton. I disovered Mailbox News when I was planning my parents 25th anniversary cake, and now I am making their 50th anniversary cake this month. Alot of the older ones are my favorites. I am a buttercream fan and that is mostly what was stressed. I love getting a magazine that highlights my hobby. I always think of how I can make a cake in buttercream. I like to get ideas from them and also love to learn new techniques.

beachcakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 11

I had it and let it expire. I get so much info from CC, but I find myself looking periodically through the year of back issues I had, so I'm thinking of re-subscribing. icon_smile.gif There are good recipes and how=to's.

rmelendrez Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 11

I just received my first issue this month and I was disappointed, but, hey I'm willing to see thru my first year and go from there. Like other members I get more from CC.

coreenag Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:57pm
post #7 of 11

I got a subscription for xmas and just got my first copy. The magazine is great but there wasn't a lot of cakes. The ones they did show they gave detailed instructions for them. I do think that cc has/will help me more than the magazine though!

milissasmom Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:23pm
post #8 of 11

I think ACD is an awesome publication....BUT, I think the money is better spent being donated to Cake Central...I don't know about most of you folk but I spend way more time on this site than I do thumbing through pages of ANY Magazine...Just seems like the money is better spent keeping CC up and running SMOOTHLY!! JMHO

Mandica12182 Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 2:30pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks for the replies everyone...I think I'll hold off...seeing how money is a little tight right now anyways. I can learn so much here it's not even funny....Great idea milissasmom..I may just donate that money to CC instead....when I have it to give again!! icon_smile.gif

cakesonoccasion Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 11

I get it- and I mainly use it to cut from- I cut out pics of cakes to show potential clients, and also for my own inspiration. They don't stay as wwhoole magazines for me- they go into an album icon_smile.gif

superstar Posted 26 Mar 2008 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 11

It is OK, I don't think I will renew my subscription unless there is a special offer or something.

Quote by @%username% on %date%