Can You Eat Gumpaste? Or Gumpaste Fondant Mixed?

Decorating By jjmoore Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 3:28am by icer101

jjmoore Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:21am
post #1 of 3

I know this is a silly question but can you eat gumpaste? If you mix it 50/50 with fondant and gumpast can you eat it then? I hate making things for my cake that can't be eaten but i honestly don't know if you can eat it and it just tastes bad or if your not supposed to eat it. thanks.

2 replies
SpringFlour Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:26am
post #2 of 3

Yep, you can eat it. You probably wouldn't want to, especially the gumpaste, since it turns so crunchy, but you can do it. I made a cake with gumpaste/fondant flowers on it and my dad took one off and ate it. It sounded like he was crunching a cockroach...not that I really know what that sounds like, but I can imagine. icon_razz.gif He was sorry to have eaten it. It doesn't taste bad, but it might break a tooth.

icer101 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:28am
post #3 of 3

gumpaste flowers or figures made with strictly gumpaste or gumpaste mixed with fondant dry hard so you don,t eat them people understand they usually love to keep them it is rewarding for us decorators that do all this to make our clients cakes beautiful and get more business that is the way i feel and our clients are impressed by it all and so are their friends

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%