Pastry Pride

Decorating By anku Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 5:52am by anku

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:40am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know if there's any expriration on this product. I didn't see on the pack...and I bought it sometime in Nov...reused the liquid twice and today I rewhipped the leftovers.
It taste the same...nothing bad that I should worry about.

But still to be sure I wanted to ask this question!

Thanks in advance.

4 replies
misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 3:58am
post #2 of 5

I keep it up to 2 months in the freezer and still good i defrost it half and the st i put it back in the freezer, and if I have any leftover that it being whipped already I put it in the freezer too and qhen i use it nothing change the flavor still good.

WendyLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyLaLa Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:12am
post #3 of 5

It's non dairy, Its usually good for around 45 days in the fridge thawed. Up to six months unwhipped in freezer. And up to 2 months whipped in the freezer. It's also "supposed" to be good whipped on your cake for 5 days outside of the fridge (I'm a tad wary on that) I've come across a wonderful whipped product called Velvetop, by Dawn foods. Good consistancy and color. Durable and very forgiving! It can take a rewhip with just a little extra of the unwhipped liquid.

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:21am
post #4 of 5

I'm a nut about freshness so I keep mine in the freezer up to 2 mths and whipped in the frig for 1 week.

It's our favorite icing product and it doesn't last more than 1 week once it's whipped in my home LOL!

Also, try Rich's Chocolate Bettercream and add a tad of Kahlua or any coffee flavored liquor at the end of the whipping process to enhance the chocolate flavor...it's to-die-for!!!!!!!

anku Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anku Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:52am
post #5 of 5

Thank you guys for all the help! I'm making mango cake with mango mousse...and love pastry pride in it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%