Consultation Tomorrow/vent

Business By aligotmatt Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 5:31pm by fmcmulle

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 11

I scheduled a consultation for tomorrow this past weekend with a bride to be. I already have a couple other cakes that day (May 10th) and she would complete my schedule. Then I was chatting with a couple other decorators in townthis week who apparently both already had consultations with her and she just doesn't seem like someone I want to meet with. It will probably be a horrible hour and I won't get the business anyway... BUT, she was recomended to me by a pretty big wedding planning company in town so I feel like I have to meet with her and give her my best. I wish I could just cancel!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

10 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:03am
post #2 of 11

Maybe the other decorator's are just bad mouthing the bride because she didn't book with them? You never know, but good luck and I hope she books!

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 11

Hey....you never know!!!! It is possible that you will get the business and you just might like her!!!! It will all work out....and if you don't get the biz....you really didn't want it to begin with!!!! Just keep and open mind and you and she just might hit is off....who knows...she may become a customer for life!!! Just be really nice and give it your best!!! Then again, if she is mean...then be mean right back icon_smile.gif

TC123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TC123 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:08am
post #4 of 11

Hi! Well, maybe you can take what you've "heard" and use it to your advantage. Use it constructively so you are better prepared to be of service to her. The outcome could wind up being really good. Best wishes & good luck! icon_smile.gif

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:40am
post #5 of 11

I agree, you will never know until you meet with her. There could have been something about the others that she just didn't like or agree with and when she meets you it will be a total different outcome. I say go for it! thumbs_up.gif
Faye

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:49am
post #6 of 11

I have found time and time again that clients who seem like the biggest PITA before the event end up being the nicest and happiest when the event comes around. It's frustrating and annoying when you are dealing with them, but you usally end up happy in the end.
Take a deep breath, bite hard and meet with her. It might be fine! Good luck! Let us know what happens!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:07am
post #7 of 11

You have to judge each person, yourself....Meet with them, show your cakes. It will be fine I looked at your photos, they will sell themselves. Good Luck.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks everyone icon_smile.gif

I met with her today. She loved my cakes, loved my design... and she said that she's had some bridezilla moments in the last few weeks and feels horrible the way she has acted with other vendors, but has since gotten herself together. Maybe she knew word was getting around about her... lol. Anyway, I did get the order.

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:25pm
post #9 of 11

WAY TO GO!!!!!! It is really nice when things work out!!!! Sometimes the worst customer (or so it seems) turns out to be the best!!!! Good job!!!

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:05pm
post #10 of 11

Congrats on the order!!

I remember when I was planning my wedding, I could almost taste the cake I wanted. I may have been a 'bridezilla' but in my mind, why settle for your wedding day?

Pat yourself on the back that you were able to offer her exactly what she was searching for!

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:31pm
post #11 of 11

That is awesome!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%