Cake Stands For Wedding...

Business By Cg24 Updated 23 Mar 2008 , 12:03am by ZAKIA6

Cg24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cg24 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 11

Hello Cake Central friends!!

Hope you can help me with this....

I'm going to make a Wedding cake for my best friend but I don't know where to buy this "Wedding cake plateau stand", you know, the silver wedding cake stands, I don't know where to buy it......

Where do you recommend me??, I need a 22" round wedding cake stand....

I will appreciate all your answers... Thanks
LL

10 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 11

Do you realize how expensive they are?
Be careful.......some of them are plastic painted silvericon_sad.gif Now, overall plastic may not be a problem - it is strong and can hold lots of weight but you have to see it to know.
Some time ago there was someone who made one out of cardobard cake circles covered w/??. It was nice and looked good. I don't kn ow if that was on this site or another oneicon_sad.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 11

why not save a ton of money and rent one?

Cg24 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 11

I already seen one on ebay, but the comment of kakeladi made me think.....

And for littlecake I was thinking about rent one but my friend lives in Mexico and she's going to comeover to my place in USA for the cake, she lives near, and she can send me the cake stand, but the problem is that how many days she's going to take to send it to me...

darrahmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darrahmomof3 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 11

Look on www.cakesbysam.com She is a member on here and has a great website. She sells all sorts of cake items. They are a little pricy, but the sure do look good. Maybe you can rent it out for future weddings you do. (make some of the cost back!)

aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 11

I always rent mine. Standard price is $25.00 for a weekend rental. Check out our local party supplier or party rental stores.

radtech Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radtech Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #8 of 11

Cg24- I know this won't help you with this cake but I just bought a plateau like the one in your picture at Hobby Lobby but smaller maybe 14 or 16 inches, not sure. It was originally $49 but all of their wedding items are 50% off. You can find them in the wedding section not the cake section-no coupon needed. It probably isn't the highest quality but it isn't plastic. Nice for the price.

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:01pm
post #9 of 11

radtech, I have the HL one and I love it! It's 14" and great quality.

Cg24 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:33pm
post #10 of 11

Ok, thank you I think it's a good idea to check out first in local cake supplies stores, and to radtech thank you for your suggestion...

I already looked on www.cakesbysam.com and she has the one that I'm looking for OUT OF STOCK icon_sad.gif

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 23 Mar 2008 , 12:03am
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%