Web Design

Decorating By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 1:31pm by cookieman

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 21

Hi, I'm starting my business and I want to have a classy, professional looking website, I don't think this is something that I can do on my own, so I was wondering if someone can share their experience and web designer with me to help me create my website, I would really, really appreciate your help.

Vicky.

20 replies
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 21

I think I read a post a while ago, I just can't find it.

ANicole Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:14pm
post #3 of 21

My web designer is awesome. You can check out my website at www.enchantedoven.com. His website is www.cricketbow.com. You have to fill out a form and then he'll contact you. If you do contact him, tell him Amber sent you!

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 21

Your website is beatiful, i really like the look of it, my business doesn't have to do with cakes but with parties for children, i really like the concept.

ANicole Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:54am
post #5 of 21

I don't think that matters. Mine was the first bakery website he'd ever built.

Thanks for the compliment!

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:04am
post #6 of 21

Even if you don't know anything about web design there are a lot of sites out there to do it yourself. I don't know enough code to build my own website and I didn't have the money to hire anyone so I use register.com - they have templates that make it so easy. I know there are a lot out there that are even cheaper than what I pay so it's very affordable and extremely easy.

I didn't use a flash site but I believe they are availabe as well. I don't claim to have the best website but that is all the advertising I did in the beginning and it's what got me started and to where I am today so it served its purpose. Whatever you decide - Good luck!

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:37am
post #7 of 21

Wow, you are so much talent, I don't think I could build a website on my own, it seems very complicated to me.

mellormom Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 12:51am
post #8 of 21

Websites are not complicated if you go with a company like register.com or Web.com because they spell everything out for you. The templates make it very hard to fail and the sites look nice when they are done. They also have people you can call if you need help. The advantage to them is they are cheap and when you are first starting out.....
I use web.com and the plan I have is $13 a month. You can't beat that price as far as I'm concerned.
Just my two cents. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:40am
post #9 of 21

That seems very reasonable, I have a budget in mind for somebody to do it for me, I just would like to make sure that is something that is withing my budget.

mellormom Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 11:30am
post #10 of 21

To have someone do it for you is a lot of money from what I understand. (but I've never looked into it) If I can can create a website on web.com then anyone can! Trust me it's very easy! The only hard part is deciding how you want it to look. (there are a lot of options which is good)

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #11 of 21

You can do it yourself! Your not giving yourself enough credit! icon_smile.gif I used Homestead and it's $4.99 per month.

Another option is to contact your local college or art school if they have a graphic design program. I'm using a senior graphic design student to get a logo made in exchange for cookies! icon_smile.gif They learn web design too, but I'm happy with mine for now.

CreatedByMe Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 2:44pm
post #12 of 21

I was getting cross eyed trying to do it from scratch so I found NVu (pronounced 'in view') you can find them a nvu.com. Its a free web building program. I then have my site registered and hosted at godaddy.com (using the lowest package available). You can do it!! and I would do it-I sent out an email to my school moms telling them I have a website now and I've gotten alot orders. Many moms told me "I had NO idea you did this!!"
So get workin'!!

Tara
www.createdbytara.com[url][/url]

rozdei Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 4:15pm
post #13 of 21

Do you have an Apple computer? There is an easy to use website software that I use; it's called Rapidweaver http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver/

HTH

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 7:13pm
post #14 of 21

I have a pc, i do not have an apple, but I want one!!

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 21

I made some phone calls and it can get very expensive!! icon_cry.gif

cerobs Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:14pm
post #16 of 21

I use yahoo and it cost 11.95 a month.

http://www.homemadedelightssite.com/

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:17pm
post #17 of 21

Did you design the website yourself?

cerobs Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:19pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic_Confections

Did you design the website yourself?

yes and I had a great time. It only take me a couple of hours.

cookieman Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 21

When I had my business, I used godaddy.com for my web site. If you are familiar with Microsoft Word you can build a web site with godaddy.com easily. It uses a lot of the same tools that Word does. It couldn't be easier.

One word of warning: You should be a legal business if you are going to have a web site. Having a web site is like having a "bricks and mortar" store (just without the "bricks and mortar"). Only you are much more visible on the Internet, because once you start getting hits and your site becomes more searchable, you are going to be easy to find. And once you are easy to find, the Watch Dogs out there can come after you! I didn't build my site until I became an LLC.

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 12:47am
post #20 of 21

Thanks for the tip, I'm planing to have my business license before I have my website up and running.

cookieman Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 1:31pm
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic_Confections

Thanks for the tip, I'm planing to have my business license before I have my website up and running.

Good for you! You are already thinking like a business owner. Good luck in your endeavor. If you take time to think out each step, you will reap the benefits of your hard work and LOVE having your own business. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%