Need To Find These Cutters

Decorating By formerbuckeye Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 12:13am by nesweetcake

formerbuckeye Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 6

I have attached pictures of a wedding cake I am doing in June (except it will be done in pinks instead of yellows). I am having trouble finding these specific shaped cutters in the right sizes. icon_cry.gif Can anyone help me with what they are called, what size they are, and where I can find them. I have a ton of cutters, but none exactly like these. I'm pretty sure the five petal ones (shaped sort of like clovers) are the primrose cutters, but I am especially looking for the two large 8 petal cutters. icon_confused.gif They don't seem to be the same cutter as one has broader petals, while the other one seems to have longer ones. I have looked on all of my favorite supply sites and can't seem to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 6

I can't name the exact cutters, but I think I found many of them in the JEM set #2. Globalsugart has that set and Alan is wonderful for customer service.

SweetStuff30 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 6

to me it looks like they wernt cut with 1 cutter.. but more like the person made the flowers using multiple items to get them shaped that way. But thats just my thoughts! could be a cutter like that but i have no clue! icon_smile.gif

revel Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 6

Looks to me like they used a daisy cutter a circle cutter and a small rose petal cutter? Pretty cake!

kakeladi Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 6

I agree w/Aleesha......several different cutters used. One makes the basic shape, then other small ones make cutouts in that shape.

nesweetcake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:13am
post #6 of 6

Beautiful cake, once you find them, perhaps post to fill us all in. The five petal one not in the specific photos, but the larger photo actually lookes like a rose caylx cutter. Good luck, I'll be checking to see how you come out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%