Flowers And Pricing

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 11:52am by Iheartcake

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 7

When you quote a price for a cake.. do you include the price of flowers? Let's say you charge $3 per slice.. if they want fresh flowers, is that included.. or do you add that on top of it? I hate to start breaking the price down like that.. but at the same time if I charge $3 per slice, I don't want to on top of the ingredients, pay another $50 in flowers.. Just curious how others price the 'extras'.

6 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 7

If my base price is $3.00 then either I'd up the price per slice and quote the cake at $3.50 a slice (or whatever I'd estimate the cost would be) or I would add and additional cost to cover the cost of the flowers to the total cost of the cake at the base price.

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 7

I always have the client pay for the fresh flowers they order for a cake. I will arrange to pick them up and place them on the cake but will not be responsible for the cost or quality of flowers delivered to me by the florist.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 7

Same here, they go order and pay for the flowers. I guess if I had to take care of it for them, I would call the florist I like and findout the price and add a little for my time to pick up the flowers and tack it on as a whole flower cost, not in the per serving rate.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 7

I'm a cake designer, not a florist. If they want fresh flowers on their cake, they order them and have them delivered to the reception venue. I put them on the cake.

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:57am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I'm a cake designer, not a florist. If they want fresh flowers on their cake, they order them and have them delivered to the reception venue. I put them on the cake.

Im going to second this!! I will not be responsible for flowers!!!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:52am
post #7 of 7

MissLady85 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

leahs wrote:

Im going to second this!! I will not be responsible for flowers!!!

That's what I was thinking.. my fear would be that the flowers would not be what they envissioned.. and then it would come back on me. Thanks for the replies.. I'm very new at the charging for cakes and am really unsure of what is too much information (as far as price break-down).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%