King Arthur Flour

Decorating By msmanning2 Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 12:22pm by msmanning2

msmanning2 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 6

Hello my fellow CCers. I am in the Rochester NY area visiting my in laws. When I went to Tops, they had King Arthur all purpose flour on sale (2 5lb bags for $5). I picked some up since the price of flour is crazy. My question is this, I keep hearing a lot of you talking about King Arthur Flour and just wondering if you use the all purpose kind, and is it better than generic flour? I will go pick up more if everyone likes it. Thanks

5 replies
christeena Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 6

I only use King Arthur and in my area it's on sale for $2.50 a 5# bag so I picked up 4 bags and put them in ziplocs and popped them in the freezer. I have a major wedding cake in June and Since all I here about is how high prices are going to be I 'm going to stock up!!

msmanning2 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 6

I never knew you could freeze flour. I may go get some more and do the same! Thanks for the idea.

christeena Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 6

I keep it in the freezer to keep the little critters from infesting it. Just let it come to room temperature before using. Oh, and I use the unbleached all purpose flour.

kelleym Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:07am
post #5 of 6

I only use King Arthur flour for my AP flour, it is very high quality. And the freezer is a great place to store it (in a freezer bag of course). That keeps the critters out, as christeena said, but also kills any weevil larvae that may be alive in there when you buy it. (Totally gross, I know, but I once knew a food scientist's daughter who froze every bag of flour for 24 hours before using it because her dad told her ALL flour has the larvae in it. I have no idea if this is really true.) icon_eek.gif

msmanning2 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 6

Definitely freezing now. If there is even a chance of that being true.

Quote by @%username% on %date%