Wii Game Suggestions

Lounge By mbelgard Updated 25 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm by murf

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:04pm
post #1 of 13

My husband is getting a Wii and I want to get our boys each a game to start and I was wondering if anyone had any games that their kids like.

My youngest is 5, not in kindergarten yet. He likes dragons, Cars, construction vehicles, trucks, farm tractors, pirates and animals.

My other child is 9. He likes pirates, Harry Potter, fantasy, history, etc.

I'm looking for stuff that isn't too hard, especially for the 5 year old, the 9 year old is pretty good at his computer and playstation games. I'm not opposed to games based on ratings especially for the older child, I tend to use any rating as a guide only, and any reading level issues aren't a worry with that one.

12 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 13

I love Raymond's Raving Rabbits. The games advance on levels so the younger one could probably play the a lot of them. There are also ones that don't have alot of complicated controller moves. Even I can play alot of them, and I've never been good at games like that.

Chicken Shoot didn't seem to be extremely hard either when my nephew had me play it the other night.

The other games he has are Spiderman and Avatar. Don't ask me about those because I haven't ventured to play them. And he does have the Wii Games and Wii Sports. Some of those could probably be played with a little one.

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 13

My 11 year old loves his lego starwars, and also super smash brothers brawl.

I bought the new Diego for my 5 year old DD, and she loves it and can play it well.

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:50pm
post #4 of 13

My son is 8 and has WII. He got it 12/06. The games he likes alot are playground, carnival, star wars the complete saga, my sims, pokemon battle revolution, guitar hero and super smash bros just to name a few. The little one will catch up fast. You can always give a gift card and let them pick out their own game. icon_biggrin.gif

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 13

my dd is 5 and LOVES the wii sports that the game set comes with. she kicks my butt in tennis! icon_lol.gif she also likes the mario olympics game... we don't have it, but my bil does, so she's played it there....whooped him and my dh in the javelin throw!!!

ElectricCook Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 13

My son is 8 and has WII. He got it 12/06. The games he likes alot are playground, carnival, star wars the complete saga, my sims, pokemon battle revolution, guitar hero and super smash bros just to name a few. The little one will catch up fast. You can always give a gift card and let them pick out their own game. icon_biggrin.gif

ElectricCook Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:01pm
post #7 of 13

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:22am
post #8 of 13

Do not get the brain acadamy game, I was dissapointed in that. Luckily, we were able to rent it at our local video store instead of spending the $50 for it.
We love the sports games and the monster 4x4 racing. We were able to also get a steering wheel and you put the controller in that, it was fun!

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 13

Thanks for the ideas.
We are planning to buy them when we have the children with so they can have some input but I want to make sure that I buy something that doesn't just sound good.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 22 Mar 2008 , 4:34am
post #10 of 13

wii play is great too! we find that the little arcade games are the most fun! we have a ball on this silly thing!

elle

sweetlikepie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlikepie Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 2:10am
post #11 of 13

I really like Mario Party. Also Mario Galaxy is a lot of fun. If your older son likes fantasy Legand of Zelda is a really good game. You might want to rent that one as I'm not sure if a 9 yr old would find it too difficult or not, but it is a long game. Have fun with your new Wii.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 24 Mar 2008 , 1:16pm
post #12 of 13

We played the Wii Sports that came with it for a long time and then rented out some things too. DS just got the latest "brawl" and of course Guitar Hero III we got him for Christmas. We went to the in-law's yesterday for Easter and of course had to take the Wii so everyone could play! We play non-Wii games with it too, but I can't remember which games fit/work with the system and which don't, so we haven't gotten a lot of new games. Dang they are expensive!

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 25 Mar 2008 , 2:57pm
post #13 of 13

My 3 love Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games - they are 7 and 3 (twins) - once you start playing, it unlocks various new sports as you go on so they shouldn't get bored!
We've also got Mario Party 8 which is great and also Wii Play and Wii sports which are good all-rounders.
Jenny

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%