Messy Display

Decorating By Gatorfan01 Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm by pjaycakes

Gatorfan01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gatorfan01 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:35pm
post #1 of 9

I have only decorated a few cakes. I put them on my Tupperware cake taker and frost/decorate there. I am "messy" icon_redface.gif and there is frosting on the edges of the cake taker. How do you get such nice clean cake boards when you display your cakes?

I am wanting to make a cake for hubby to take to work Friday for Easter and I want it to look nicer than the others he has taken. icon_wink.gif

8 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:50pm
post #2 of 9

If I happen to get icing on the cake board (which I usually do!), I just wipe off with a paper towel.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 9

I usually poke a bit of waxed paper between the cake board and the cake then use the spatula to hold the icing in place when I pull it out.

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 9

I use a damp paper towel and that works just fine for me.

hollyw567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyw567 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 9

Before you add your border, dampen a paper towel and wipe the "messiness" off the board.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 9

I just wipe it off with a paper towel too. If you wait until the icing dries, most of it will just come off as crumbs, then you can always take a wet paper towel to get the rest.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:20pm
post #7 of 9

It looks like your tupperware cake taker is a little small so you don't have a lot of room to work with. I use cake boards (at least 2" larger then the cake) and cover them with coordinating paper then clear contact paper. Wiping up the contact paper is so easy!

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 9

Hey girl!!! I just wipe mine down with a wet paper towel. I am also very messy. Just ask my husband that is cleaning the kitchen now. lol

pjaycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pjaycakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 9

I put all my cakes on a foamcore board the same size as the cake. Then decorate on a larger tuffboard. After the cake is iced I move it with the foamcore from the tuffboard to my pretty decorated board and then put the bottom border on.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%