Boots(Dora) Cake. Need Help, Please!!!!!

Business By karapags Updated 21 Mar 2008 , 3:44am by modthyrth

karapags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karapags Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 8

Hi All,

I have to make a big Boots cake from Dora for March 29th. She wants a very large Boots that will feed 50 people. I have wrote about this a while ago here on CC. Her son is going to be the new voice of Boots on Dora. But now that it is getting close I am getting nervous. I emailed her and asked what flavor cake and filling she wanted and she wrote back what she wanted inside the cake and then saying "cant wait to see it!!! if the produce of the show loves your cake I have a feeling you will be making another for a cast party in nyc".

I have 5 cakes due that same weekend. Nothing to hard so I am hoping I will be able to spend a lot of time on the Boots cake. I have to drive it an hour and a half away so I am making his head out of styrfoam.

MY question is a Boots cake to feed 50 people would have to be very large so I was thinking of doing a square cake with a big Boots sitting on the cake with her son either on Boots shoulder or lap. I want make other things to to decorate the square cake like the map, backpack, maybe a banana. I want this cake to come out great. Any suggestions on what I should do to make this cake??? Or maybe a Boots sitting on the cake holding a birthday cake.

I am so nervous that I can't think straight.

I have taped a few Dora shows but haven't had time to watch them.

Help!!!

Kara

7 replies
karapags Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 8

Anybody???

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 8

Im thinking for you...I like the idea of the boy on boots' shoulder rather than on his lap. I do not think that the boy would like that. Also I think you should have the boy on boots' shoulder, whispering into boots' ear since he will be the voice of boots. This is all I can think of for now but I will contact you if I can think of more help. Take care.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 8

Well as a person who gets stuck watching nothing but Dora and Diego here are my pointers!!
Ok, I made Boots using RK for the head. I used modeling chocolate instead of fondant because it was more forgiving. I made a banana out of gumpaste. And the legs and arms were all modeling chocolate. I would use the FN Challenges as a guide on this. Use copper tubing to make the stucture withstand the driving conditions of the roads in NY which arent great at the moment!
Also, my cake could of fed about 15 people. I would use him sitting on a square cake like you said including all the map and backpack etc.
You can check out my boots in my pics.

lasdulzurasdelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lasdulzurasdelaura Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:07am
post #5 of 8

Hi Kara!

Last week I made a cake with Dora and Boots, and I also made two backpacks filled with cookies (stars) and maps. Dora's house was the cake. You can check out the cake in my pics. What about making some cupcakes with stars and red boots on them? So, the cake may be not so big..

Take care!

jenjens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenjens Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 12:54am
post #6 of 8

wow! I can't imagine a boots cake for 50 people. Good luck with that. I would look up some images of boots on the web if you haven't seen the show.
what are you planning on using for the boots figurine?
I made a dora theme party for my daughters first birthday i decorated it with NFSC cutout of the cartoon characters.

karapags Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 1:30am
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for your advise. I have to finish up a cake for tomorrow and I will look through your photos. I like the idea of Boots sitting on his shoulder whispering in his ear. I am nervous about the long drive and the road in New York are really bad.

I was going to make a big Boot but now I know that would he would be huge so if I do a 12' or 14' cake that Boots will be sitting on he wouldn't have to be so big. I can't wait to look at your Dora and Boots cakes so I will have more of an idea of what I should do.

Thanks Again. I will post it when I am done with it next weekend.

Kara

modthyrth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
modthyrth Posted 21 Mar 2008 , 3:44am
post #8 of 8

Ok, it's the lawyer in me, but I'd tread carefully here. Most of the time you can get away with copyright and trademark infringement because nobody connected with the IP owners will ever see it. Here you're in a very different situation. The producer of the show is going to be there. Who knows who else involved in the program. I'd insist on getting a letter from the show giving you permission to use the images for this cake before doing anything else.

Sounds like fun and a tremendous opportunity for you! Do this the right way, do this respectfully, and you may well find yourself launched into an entirely new world of opportunities.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%