What Happened Yesterday?? Am I The Only One???

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 20 Mar 2008 , 4:43pm by deanwithana

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 19

I looked in the forums but I couldn't find anything. Did any of you have problems yesterday. I couldn't get on CC after lunch and all night. It would time out and say the server was reset. Am I the only one???

18 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:09pm
post #2 of 19

No- I had trouble too! I figured it was my work computer, but when I went home I couldn't get onto the site at all! AACCKKKK!!! I can't stand it- I'm sooooo addicted! icon_lol.gif

AJsGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJsGirl Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:14pm
post #3 of 19

I had trouble getting into the entire website yesterday. I had to actually do real work at my day job! icon_cry.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 19

Ok...I'm not crazy. I would have felt better if the CC maintenance thing would have come up. At least then I would have known what was going on. It was so frustrating. icon_cry.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:22pm
post #5 of 19

i think i was shaking from withdrawal symptoms LOL so glad it's up and running. it's truly addicting.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:08pm
post #6 of 19

Nope! I had the same problem - DS was home sick all day and I actually had to do housework b/c the site was down! Can you believe it?! icon_wink.gif

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 5:22pm
post #7 of 19

I've been having trouble alot lately and getting a little frustrated. It's hard because we come to expect perfection on the website and IT issues can reak havock with any website. I actually went in and printed all my saved favorites because I'm afraid they might get lost and I won't be able to have them anymore. icon_cry.gif Not sure what the issues are but I hope they work the bugs out shortly. I love this site and count on it quite a bit. Maybe I shouldn't be that dependant on others but this website is loaded with VERY talented people and great ideas and people who will help you in anyway they can.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:54pm
post #8 of 19

I could not get on all day and just gave up trying!!

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 9:31am
post #9 of 19

I have a lot of trouble too, but what frustrates me most when I can get on is my "back" button. I have a heck of a time backing up on this site, even before the crash...anyone else have this problem??

donnalane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnalane Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:15am
post #10 of 19

Bearcreek

I seem to have that problem all the time too, I thought it was me,
I never seem to be able to get back where i was, when on this site. It
just drives me soo crazy. I does seem like there have been lots of
problems lately and it is so hard when you really need help or advise
immed. and you can't get on. I find myself having to clean house or do
laundry since the site has been down so much, I would rather come here
though, lol.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:44am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcreek350

I have a lot of trouble too, but what frustrates me most when I can get on is my "back" button. I have a heck of a time backing up on this site, even before the crash...anyone else have this problem??

Same here. I thought it was my computer at first.

Diane

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:49am
post #12 of 19

Both before and after the big upgrade I've noticed that the "back" button rarely works on cc. I was trying to work through a series of image pages in the gallery after a search and after clicking on an image I often had to hit the back button two or three times to get back, then it wouldn't work at all and I had to do the search over again. Is there a way to report this now? The bug report forum threads have been closed for a long time.....

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 10:53am
post #13 of 19

Glad to hear it isn't only me or my computer!! icon_confused.gif

SusieHazCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusieHazCakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:03am
post #14 of 19

By my estimates, the site was totally down for around 10 hours. I was surprised when it was finally back up that there was no notice explaining the outage. Considering all the storms on Tuesday, I wondered if it wasn't a power outage (or worse) in the town where the servers were located. And I agree with you all that the back button thing is really aggravating, but not quite so as when you're searching in the forum and going through all the results. When I hit the back button to return to the search results, I have to hit F5 to refresh the screen, then click OK. Argh!!!!

cerobs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cerobs Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:05am
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsGirl

I had trouble getting into the entire website yesterday. I had to actually do real work at my day job! icon_cry.gif

O.K. I FEEL SO GO THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS ADDICTIVE

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:12am
post #16 of 19

About the back button...someone else posted about this several weeks ago. If you look at your history list you will see "advertisement" in the list, sometimes several times. I guess everytime the advertising changes on the page you are viewing it loads like a new page and that is why the back button doesn't work. YOu can go to the drop down history list and click on the last page you were viewing and it will take you back there.

Hope this makes sense.
Susan

uschi1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uschi1 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:28am
post #17 of 19

Same here - the back button rarely works for me, both before and after the upgrade.

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 11:33am
post #18 of 19

Hope this makes sense.
Susan

Ah ha! Yes, that makes sense. It's not a good function, and I haven't seen that bug on any other site, but at least I now understand why hitting "back" several times often does take you where you want to go. You have to work through several phantom pages because of the changing ads. That may also explain why the back feature takes so long to load -- it's loading the moving ads, which include a lot of content. Yukky function.

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 4:43pm
post #19 of 19

ditto on everything that everyone has mentioned......I have problems on and off and sometimes is works like a dream.....hopefully it will all get ironed out!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%