Rkt Mess

Decorating By sasporella Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 1:33pm by sasporella

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:15am
post #1 of 5

I just wanted to ask if everyone else gets really messy when making RKT or did i do something wrong. I have just made it for the 1st time and there is marshmellow all over the microwave and proberly just about everywhere else. It also ended up all stuck to my hands and i couldn't shake it loose. The only thing good to come out of it was it amused my 4 year old. He was laughing and clapping like i was the entertainment. Lol. Any advice on how to do it a less messy way. Good job my husband is at work he would have flipped if he saw the mess i have made.

4 replies
gingersoave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingersoave Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:27am
post #2 of 5

I put my marshmallows with 2 tablespoons of water (takes place of the margarine or butter) and melt for 1 minute on high then stir and dump in my 6 cups (i think) of cereal and stir. I try to crush up my RK a little before I stir it into the marshmallows so the texture isnt so bumpy.

Does anyone else use butter in their RK's?

HTH

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 11:30am
post #3 of 5

Marshmallows can be really messy! I always put a lot of Crisco on my hands/arms (almost up to my elbows) and everywhere else - in the bowl, on the spoon I mix them with etc. and that helps a lot! It does not stick, or should I say it does not stick as much... icon_lol.gif HTH.

Kay_NL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kay_NL Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 12:22pm
post #4 of 5

I tried making rkt eggs and carrots yesterday and found that wearing food safe gloves and slathering them in butter made for less mess...

My mistake was not crushing the rice krispies and then thinking I could cover them in candy melts, which subsequently melted the rkt carrots so they ended up looking like bumpy piles of orange... The eggs worked a bit better but are very bumpy. We all learn from our mistakes right?

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 5

I didn't crush mine either so i dread to think what they will turn out like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%