Can I Please Have You Honest Opinions On This

Decorating By sasporella Updated 19 Mar 2008 , 9:37am by Momkiksbutt

sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:47am
post #1 of 6

If any of you get time would you please take a look my most recent cake i have made. I would love some feedback on it and advice on how to improve on it and also what you might have done different. Thanks everyone in advance.

5 replies
bejewelled Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:10am
post #2 of 6

Its gorgeous, I just love the border where the two cakes join and the larger cake rests on the board. If I had to choose one thing to improve on (as I simply cannot think of anything else) - there appears to be just a tiny bit of white icing around the rim of the petals on the front & centre daisy. Its only a minor thing, but if I use a cutter to cut out a flower like your daisy. I use the flat blade of a spatula, to rub very quickly on the cut edge (or my fingers if I can get in there), it just smooths the hairy bits (as I call them), and gives a much neater finish. I hope that explanation made sense. You should be real proud of this cake. Its very pretty.

Curtsmin24 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 8:34am
post #3 of 6

It's beautiful! Very creative design. I love the colors. Like it was stated already, the frosting is showing a smidge but it's not too obvious. Good job icon_biggrin.gif

asul Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:11am
post #4 of 6

I really liked the design and the colors.You did a great job thumbs_up.gif

sasporella Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:33am
post #5 of 6

Thanks guys for your comments. I tried to get the bits of fondant from around the daisies but my big fumble fingers were not up to the job lol. I will definatley use a flat blade next time as you suggested. Thanks once again.

Momkiksbutt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 9:37am
post #6 of 6

Nice Work!! I like that!! Good color choices too! Very pretty!

Quote by @%username% on %date%