Five Children...now, I've Seen It All!

Lounge By lardbutt Updated 26 Apr 2008 , 4:03am by mommyof3boyz

lardbutt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 6:57am
post #1 of 29

I thought we had experienced every type of accident that could happen with the first four kids, but now I know better.

My second daughter who wishes to remain unidentified icon_redface.gif , but is in middle school, was holding the four month old last night while I was folding laundry. She was in the bathroom trying to convince her 8 year old little brother (who was in the shower) icon_confused.gif to let her have a piece of candy that belonged to him.

I would like to take a minute here to point out that at least I have done something right! I mean, at least she WAS asking!

All of the sudden, I hear..."OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD". The entire family comes running because no one is even allowed to say that in our house.

I really had no idea what had happened, but the baby was screaming and she was wet. So I took the only thing I was holding and started wiping her face and head off, which was DH's underware! icon_eek.gif Remember I was folding laundry so it WAS clean!

If you are now thinking she fell in the shower, you are so off.

Nope, my baby fell head first into the flippin TOILET! The lid was up icon_mad.gif so she banged her face on the hard bowl and dove right in!

My daughter grabbed her right up and we put ice on her face. You can just imagine how much she liked that! As soon as she calmed down I gave her a bath. My son said he had flushed before he got in the shower...I hope so. icon_cry.gif

I was expecting a bad bruise this morning, but you could hardly see it. My daughter is still upset about it.

So help her feel better and share what "accidents' have happened with your kids.

28 replies
kweenmommy Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 7:02am
post #2 of 29

I am the queen of klutz. I've tripped going up the stairs with at least 2 of my kids.

koolaidstains Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 29

My son is just about 4 and a half. He's the youngest of four. I was in our kitchen goofing around with him, holding him upside down and flipping him over. Well, I lost my grip and dropped him face first onto the floor. OOPS - I felt so bad. I got lucky that I was bending over at the time and he didn't fall far and we have a laminate floor, but the poor guy had a good bruise on his forehead for a few days.

When my oldest was about 9 months old (she's 10 now) we were helping my inlaws sell their rental house. It was winter, but in Houston so it was cool, but not cold. I think we were wearing shorts. I was pregnant and I was watering some flowers we had planted and my baby was playing on the sidewalk. Well, she starts crying and I just assume she's tired. So I keep on watering and tell her we'll be done soon. She's crawling over to me (she was only just learning to walk) and crying the entire time. I wait until she gets to me and pick her up. so, I'm holding her on my hip and still watering. All the sudden things are pinching my arm. I look down and see it's fire ants. My baby has disrupted a pile and was covered in them. I immediately put her down and strip her clothes off. I'm trying to brush them all off, but for those that don't know they can be hard to get off. I realize they're in her diaper (we were doing cloth), so I had to remove her diaper. I actually got the hose and was hosing her of trying to get all the ants off. LOL (I can laugh now) some guy drives by and is looking at me like I'm crazy. Remember, it's cool out and I'm hosing down my child with cold water.

When I thought I got most of the ants off her I took her in the rental house (yes, there's more) because there are still ants biting me, but I wasn't going to strip outside. I put my baby down and make sure she's ant free and then I have to take off my shirt because they're crawling all over me. My baby of course is crawling off (she had stopped crying) and I'm in one room picking ants off my arms and I walk out of the room to find my baby and see her tumbling down the stairs she had started crawling up. AHHHHHH - could it get worse? I don't think the tumble hurt her as much as startled her. It was her first encounter with stairs and she hadn't gotten more than a few steps.

My baby was so covered with ant bites though, that she looked like she had chicken pox all the next week. I think that was the episode I felt most guilty for. My oldest was also the one I dropped a nice hot pop tart on (gooey side down) on her face while I was breast feeding. My middle two seem to have escaped such things so far.

cookingfor5 Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 29

I have had a child lose a fight with a ceiling fan and still has the scar to prove it. It wasn't at my house and they had thought he would not find the ladder since they had covered it with hanging clothes. I guess there was blood all over and they had to leave my baby with a pair of teenage boys as they took my son to the emergency room. The baby pooped and they had to call the other kids mom to come change it.

Then my other child fell off a ladder last year. He hit the concrete and got a scar in almost the same place as his brother.

My daughter has fallen down the stairs 2 times from the top, 2 times from the 10th step and several from 6. The first time I walked right by her because I knew she had to learn to use them. The boys had never had a problem. I only heard 4 thumps, so I assume she went head over feet down. She's 4 and I am still terrified about stairs. Turns out she has a problem with balance and stairs.

The last accident is the simplest and makes my DH feel horrible. Our oldest was swinging and our youngest walked in front of him. My DH was standing right there and grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way at the last minute. She instantly started to cry and wouldn't stop. After 30 minutes, we called the a doctor and they told us she had her elbow out of joint. He snapped it back in and she stopped crying instantly.

lardbutt Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 29

HEY KOOLAID! (Couldn't resist) We have had our share of fire ant disasters as well. Only one of mine needs benedryl if bitten thankfully!

And cookingfor5 are you telling me other people feel the need to HIDE ladders when your kids are around? icon_confused.gif

That cracked me up. My son is always trying to hang something on his ceiling fan to watch it fall off. I used to tell him to stop, but I figure it's the only way it will get "dusted"!

I love hearing your stories. Keep them coming!

koolaidstains Posted 19 Mar 2008 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 29

I have a story about when I was a baby. I was adopted. I have a brother who is five years older than I am. Apparently when I was a baby, the social worker was doing one of her home visits before the adoption became final and i was in a bassinet. My brother came over and hit me on the head with a plastic bat.

AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA - can you even imagine what my poor mother must have gone through. She says she swore up and down he dad never done anything like that before. I don't remember if the social worker said anything or not, but I know my mother was mortified. LOL - I wouldn't be surprised if after the social worker left, my brother got the wooden spoon!

imagine76 Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 2:30am
post #7 of 29

my middle child is easily distracted by tickling. always has been. well, when i was pregnant with #3 and middle guy was about 17 months old he was bugging me in the kitchen when i was trying to get dinner done. so i grabbed him and was doing the whole smooching, wrestling, tickling thing and i turned him up-side down to give him a good raspberry on the tummy. i had him by the hips and stuck his little feet right in the ceiling fan! icon_eek.gif there were only a couple of thumps and it really scarred the crapola out of him (and me!). luckily there were no bruises, scars or blood but we sat on the kitchen floor and and snuggled for a long time after that -i felt SOOO BAD! he has since had his revenge on me several times over so i don't feel too bad about that one any more!

redpanda Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 6:49am
post #8 of 29

When ds was about 18 months old, he was still sleeping in a crib. One morning, when he woke up, dh went in to get him (to let me sleep in). Well, dh lowered the side of the crib, picked up the blanket out of the crib and held the blanket in front of himself. He then said, "Where's Daddy?" DS giggled and leaned out of the crib, pointing and said, "there!" as he fell out of the crib onto the carpeted floor. The noise he made was more of a roar than a cry, and then he started to cry in earnest. He stopped crying right away when I took him from dh, but I could tell he was very uncomfortable. Luckily our pediatrician had weekend hours, so we took ds in. He had a broken collar bone, but it was not a separated break. (Good thing) Once he had a dose of Motrin in him and a fracture vest on, he felt really good, and I had to really work to keep him from climbing on and falling off everything in sight, as was typical for him at that age.

yummymummycakes Posted 20 Mar 2008 , 7:11am
post #9 of 29

Accidents............. heck here is a whole chapter for your daughter.

One darling son at the age of 2 kept climbing on the bunk beds, kept telling him to get down. Typical male wouldnt listen.... fell off and BIT OFF HIS TONGUE!!!!! Trip to hospital, plastic surgeon called to reattach said tongue.

Other darling son at 18mths was in lounge room while I was in kitchen fixing dinner. Heard a noise, no crying, all must be ok. OHHHHH NO!!! When I went in 5 minutes later DS was standing there covered in blood, it was literally pooling around his feet, rang ambulance and when they got him to hospital they discovered that when he bumped himself, he peeled the gum off all of his top teeth. That one necessitated blood transfusions and surgery.

DD when younger was playing outside, fell off monkey bars and bit the side of her tongue off........ Yes 2 children have done the same thing. Off to hospital for plastic surgery.

Other DD was mucking around with her dad, he dropped her and she ended up with a fractured elbow requiring surgery as the bone fragments were sitting against major arteries.

Had just brought home one of my DD and that night her sister had a major jealousy attack and belted her over the head with a stilletto....... in hospital for 10 days with concussion. One of the other DD came down and said the baby is crying. Why I ask? Because Vanessa is hitting her on the head with your shoe!!!! I learnt how to run really fast that night

And the lastest one DD, aged 19 months has only just gotten out of hospital as she climbed onto the kitchen table, fell as I was reaching to grab her, smashed her face into the tiled floor, resulting in major bruising to the face, concussion and a twisted knee.

It happens to the best of us and they are called ACCIDENTS because babies do NOT listen (practicing to be teenagers maybe???)

jescapades Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 3:39pm
post #10 of 29

oh, i have the klutziest family of them all! last may, when my boys (alex and jonathan) were 1 1/2, i was carrying them down the stairs one morning like i always did, and i slipped and fell. in my effort to not let the babies get hurt, i landed on my elbow and sprained it, slid all the way down the stairs, knocked the gate at the bottom of the stairs down and hit the wall. the boys were fine.

my one ds, alex, he has the worst luck. just a few weeks ago, he was running around the kitchen and went head first into the corner of the island counter. he bled so bad, we had to call 911. the very next evening, he went face first into the open dishwasher door. got a cut right across his eye. poor baby.

last summer, he fell and banged into the entertainment center. he had a huge cut and a bruise on his forehead, the next day, he fell and banged his head on their play table. got a huge cut and bruise right in between the eyes, then two days later, got stung by a bee.

and yesterday, i was making pasta for the boys for lunch and my jonathan got underfoot and i tripped and spilled boiling water on his arm. i gave him a second degree burn on the inside of his arm, right below the elbow.

the boys have fallen off the couch as newborns, banged headfirst into bed posts, bit through lips, and just about everything short of breaking bones. they are so resiliant, though.

when alex was 9 months old, we had a baby einstein play table that we took the legs off and put on the floor, he was playing with it, trying to stand himself up and he ended up twisting his knee wrong and spraining it. it was the day of my nephew's birthday party, and dh and i ended up spending the day in the er with alex after dropping jonathan off at the party with my parents.

oh, and almost every time i put the boys in their car seats, i bang at least one of their heads on the roof of the car... my poor kids. icon_redface.gif

imagine76 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 4:16pm
post #11 of 29

ah yes, the banging of the head on car. icon_lol.gif my poor 2 year old is the only one i subject to that any more. i'm sure he's looking forward to getting himself into the car.

maria892 Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:35pm
post #12 of 29

HA HA HA- MessyBaker, I think your daughter will be comforted knowing how many babies do actually bounce!! That's why they call them bouncing babies, right???

I too was folding washing ( that is a OH&S disaster right there) on my water bed. My DD was in a bouncinette and on top of the bed. Well, being a bonny, bouncy baby in a bouncy bouncinette on top of a water bed.... well those waves just bounced her right off the bed and upside down on the floor. She now looked like a turtle with the bouncinette on her back.

LUCKILY she was strapped in!! no drama, she was fine - but she spent the rest of the time on the floor where she couldn't fall any further!!!!

What else... oh yeah, lovely sunny day outside... lets make a little cart out of a cardboard box.. tie a bit of rope to the end of it and pop the baby in the box. Then pull the baby up and down the driveway. Wheeee, that's fun... HA HA HA

took her out of the box and her jumpsuit had a gaping hole in it. Luckily she had a nice fat disposable nappy on (this had been shredded slightly also) otherwise her little botty would have a nice graze on it!!! .I have kept that jumpsuit and written a little story of the event so she can see what an 'orrible mother I was!!!

Oh, and who has been a slippery dip, (slide) with their baby in front of them and when you get to the end, you stand up with your baby and can't stand up properly and you just keep on running with your baby cradled to your belly and you keep on running and running and trying to right yourself and WHAM. Face plant with your baby in the dust bowl before you!!!

I haven't dropped a baby in the dunny, but that sounds hilarious!!! and that is a great story to tell in future years!!!!!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

bellatrixothersis Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 10:45pm
post #13 of 29

Too funny on the outside but doesn't it make you sick? I'm holding my infant daughter while going into the garage, only one step and I slipped --fell completely over and holding her tight - I landed face up with her on top of me. Concrete floor and all. I ended up with alot of black and blue, she just got scared. I still think of that concrete floor and what could have happened. My sister had a flower shop, she gave it up when her 4 year old fell head first into one of the flower buckets. She had three to worry about. Like they say stuff happens!

michellenj Posted 3 Apr 2008 , 11:18pm
post #14 of 29

Y'all are making me feel better about my mommy mistakes and household accidents. I'm glad that I'm not the only one! Ususally our accidents happen when daddy is "watching" them....

lardbutt Posted 4 Apr 2008 , 5:01am
post #15 of 29

Yes, I am feeling better about myself as well. I can relate to "the daddy watching them" michellenj!

maria892, Your "turtle" story just reminded me of something. When my fourth baby was three, she was taking a nap in her car seat. Now we had bought a house and we remodeling it ourselves so when we got there I did NOT want to wake her up. So I left her in the van with the sliding door open. I should say it was in the fall, not hot or cold.

I did not really worry about her getting out b/c she had not learned to unbuckle herself yet. I heard her scream and when I got to the door of the house........there she was, still strapped in her carseat.

I guess she was pretty smart to think press the red button and release the whole seat. It looked just like she had a turtle shell!

DecoratingDingbat Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 6:12am
post #16 of 29

icon_eek.gif LOL!!!! That toilet story will have everyone laughing for years to come. My family still teases me about being dropped on my head (numerous occassions), it's all in good fun. That toilet story will make a great story at baby's wedding later! icon_lol.gif

I have four kids and many 'boo-boos' have occured. One that 'sticks out' however, is when my boys were 9 and 11. My 9yr old was on the potty with his comic book and my 11yr was nagging him to hurry up. Well, somehow this evolved into my 11yr repeatedly opening the door a crack, and sticking his tongue out thru the opening to send a raspberry. The 9yr eventually tired of this 'lipyness' and decided on the next opening to give the door a good push shut with his foot, and off goes about 1/2" of my 11yr's tongue. I never knew a tongue could bleed like that, and it swelled up for weeks! Funny thing was, only my 9yr could understand what he was trying to say and acted as an interperter. They are now 20yr and 22yr, and you can imagine the 'jokes' we hear about the 'missing tongue' ..... kids ... or men ... whatever, they're both the same.

lardbutt Posted 5 Apr 2008 , 11:27am
post #17 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecoratingDingbat

icon_eek.gif LOL!!!! That toilet story will have everyone laughing for years to come. My family still teases me about being dropped on my head (numerous occassions), it's all in good fun. That toilet story will make a great story at baby's wedding later! icon_lol.gif

I have four kids and many 'boo-boos' have occured. One that 'sticks out' however, is when my boys were 9 and 11. My 9yr old was on the potty with his comic book and my 11yr was nagging him to hurry up. Well, somehow this evolved into my 11yr repeatedly opening the door a crack, and sticking his tongue out thru the opening to send a raspberry. The 9yr eventually tired of this 'lipyness' and decided on the next opening to give the door a good push shut with his foot, and off goes about 1/2" of my 11yr's tongue. I never knew a tongue could bleed like that, and it swelled up for weeks! Funny thing was, only my 9yr could understand what he was trying to say and acted as an interperter. They are now 20yr and 22yr, and you can imagine the 'jokes' we hear about the 'missing tongue' ..... kids ... or men ... whatever, they're both the same.

THAT IS HILARIOUS! Although I'm sure it wasn't when it happened!

VannaD Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 3:41pm
post #18 of 29

wow weezers! I have only 2 girls and they are only 3.5 and 1.5, so no accidents tospeak of, yet! The 3.5 yr old did kick the 1.5 yr old in the face last week resulting in a black eye. I wouldnt let the baby go anywhere or take any photos for a week bc i was scarred ppl would think we hurt her or something, but after reading all of your stories i feel better and the next black eye wont keep me home, thanks guys!

maryjsgirl Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 4:29pm
post #19 of 29

We have a lot of "oopsies" stories in my family, lol.

My mother went to help out my aunt who was a new mother. Now my aunt is very smart...book smart, but common sense...not so much. So my mom was helping her for the first few days to make sure the baby stayed safe, lol. Her first day alone she left the baby on the couch to sleep. Not the safest thing, especially when you forget she's there and come back and sit on her!

Well then her daughter grew up and had her first babysitting job to watch our little cousins. Our aunt was a little worried, because she had never babysat before. Well my cousin picks the baby up and raises him into the air while saying, "everything is going to be fine", but didn't notice she was under the ceiling fan. icon_confused.gif So when we tease her about it, she blames it on being sat on when she was a baby. icon_lol.gif

Then another aunt of mine was swinging her daughter around by the back of her pajamas. She had on the pjs with the feet. Well the pajamas ripped and my little cousin flew into the wall, lol. No injuries, lol.

Texas_Rose Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 9:43pm
post #20 of 29

Well...I have been extremely careful with my kids...but let me tell you why we've only got another 16 years before we take off the bubble wrap and the crash helmets icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

The day my baby sister came home from the hospital, I changed her diaper (I was 2 and a half) and broke off her cord stump. Then I got scared when she cried and bled, and picked her up...and dropped her off of my mom's bed onto the floor, on her head.

When she was two, we went for a walk with some other mommies and kids. We stopped to look at the neighborhood pool, and she started screaming...it turned out she had stepped in an ant pile and got them all over her, even up in the diaper.

Then we were at a yard sale and someone was selling a hot water heater. She was playing with something near it, and knocked the water heater over on her leg...the people having the yard sale paid for her xrays.

Then we were at a restaurant and her hand got closed in the bathroom door...another trip to the walk-in clinic for xrays.

Then, the worst...we were at a sitter's house and the sitter shut us outside with her brand new dog. I can't even describe it, but my little sister had 300+ stitches to reattach her nose and close her throat back up and fix her eyelid, then plastic surgery later. The dog probably outweighed me by 50 lbs...I couldn't get it off of her, and then the sitter was scared and wouldn't let us in the house. I had to break the sliding glass door with a rock to get in and call my dad (I was 7).

All this by the time she was five years old.

I had my share of mishaps too...I fell off the swingset which wasn't secured into the ground, and broke my arm in 7 places. I walked into a park bench and broke my hand (but I was already a teenager, and I wasn't looking where I was going because I was in my Metallica stage and I was watching the guy walking in front of me, whose long hair hung all the way down to his tight and faded jeans which covered an excellent pair of buns).

I've had a few mishaps as an adult too...I broke my hand in the ceiling fan, got bitten so badly by my own cat that I had to have the bite cut open and cleaned out, broke my foot when I fell off my platform shoe while crossing the street (not cool when I had the stroller and 3 kids out in the middle of the intersection and I couldn't even get up).

So anyhow, I have been very overprotective of the kids. The worst thing that has ever happened to my daughter was that I was pushing her on a swing, and she let go, then fell on the ground and screamed that I had done it on purpose (my little drama queen), while all the other parents stared in shock. Needless to say, we haven't been back to that park!

Oh, the fireants...my daughter is actually allergic to them and we have to carry around 2 epi-pens. We've never had to use the pens, but when she gets bitten it swells so badly that the doctor referred us to an allergist, because he was afraid that she might have a generalized reaction if she was bit again. We have had to use the steroids before...if any of you ever have a child get a lot of bites and they're in pain, but benadryl isn't helping, the pediatrician can prescribe 3 days of steriods, which really does help.

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:44am
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Then, the worst...we were at a sitter's house and the sitter shut us outside with her brand new dog. I can't even describe it, but my little sister had 300+ stitches to reattach her nose and close her throat back up and fix her eyelid, then plastic surgery later. The dog probably outweighed me by 50 lbs...I couldn't get it off of her, and then the sitter was scared and wouldn't let us in the house. I had to break the sliding glass door with a rock to get in and call my dad (I was 7).

WTH???

What was the sitter scared of? Why didn't she help?

I am just dumbfounded by this whole scenario.

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:55am
post #22 of 29

I have a pretty bad one too. This happened two years ago to my now nine year old.

He was at my grandmother's spending the night with her. He was climbing on her deck. She has little hooks going around the deck for Christmas lights and one was broken. Well he climbed down onto this hook and it cut through his pajamas and into one of his um testicles. He had to get stitches...I will just leave it at that.

Texas_Rose Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:12am
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryjsgirl

Quote:

WTH???

The sitter was only 13, I think she just freaked out at all the blood. My mom had left us with her on Good Friday so she could buy the Easter candy. She usually had the girl's older sister babysit, but it was short notice and the older one wasn't available. My sister is 26 now and the only sign that she ever had any of it happen is a couple of eyelashes that grow out of a little v above her nose.

Needless to say, it took me a long time to be comfortable leaving my kids with a sitter...and we don't use teenage sitters, only grownup females and only in our own home.

maryjsgirl Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:38am
post #24 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WTH???

The sitter was only 13, I think she just freaked out at all the blood. My mom had left us with her on Good Friday so she could buy the Easter candy. She usually had the girl's older sister babysit, but it was short notice and the older one wasn't available. My sister is 26 now and the only sign that she ever had any of it happen is a couple of eyelashes that grow out of a little v above her nose.

Needless to say, it took me a long time to be comfortable leaving my kids with a sitter...and we don't use teenage sitters, only grownup females and only in our own home.

Oh ok! I was picturing an adult and was getting very angry!

How scary for you! You handled business though with that rock, lol. I don't think most seven year old would have been so brave.

lardbutt Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:50am
post #25 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

WTH???

I was thinking the same thing!

Wow,Texas Rose, you were very brave! I bet the poor babysitter never wanted to babysit again!

The only time I used a teenager for a sitter, I came home to NO FOOD or SOFT DRINKS left in the house!

Won't do that again!

jescapades Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:59am
post #26 of 29

oh, how could i forget!? two weeks ago, my son alex comes down stairs and tells me there was a coin in his mouth, then it went to his belly (he's only 2, so doesn't talk well). we took about an hour looking around the house and found no quarter, so i ran him to the er to have an xray, and yup, there it was, a quarter in his belly!

i just took him yesterday for a followup xray and they said it was gone, so he must have, ummm, deposited it. never even saw it!

then, two days after my son swallows a quarter, my boys were upstairs in the room playing and i hear my other son, jonathan, screaming at the top of his lungs. i run in there to find him sitting on the floor covered in blood. an emergency trip to the doctors and it turns out he needed stitches to close up a gash above his eye.

that same day, alex got his finger caught in the slider and jonathan fell off a table.

i was about ready to give up by that time!

lardbutt Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:11am
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

oh, how could i forget!? two weeks ago, my son alex comes down stairs and tells me there was a coin in his mouth, then it went to his belly (he's only 2, so doesn't talk well). we took about an hour looking around the house and found no quarter, so i ran him to the er to have an xray, and yup, there it was, a quarter in his belly!

i just took him yesterday for a followup xray and they said it was gone, so he must have, ummm, deposited it. never even saw it!

then, two days after my son swallows a quarter, my boys were upstairs in the room playing and i hear my other son, jonathan, screaming at the top of his lungs. i run in there to find him sitting on the floor covered in blood. an emergency trip to the doctors and it turns out he needed stitches to close up a gash above his eye.

that same day, alex got his finger caught in the slider and jonathan fell off a table.

When it rains it pours!

jescapades Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 10:21pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jescapades

When it rains it pours!

lol, and snows, and sleets and hails and there's a tornado! icon_wink.gif

mommyof3boyz Posted 26 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #29 of 29

Our family has a saying about our middle son...."the day isn't complete until Eric has had a head injury!" LOL

Our poor middle child has had the worst injuries and they always seem to occur to his head. Last year he had 2 concusions in 2 weeks and I was convinced that children's aid was going to be knocking on my door!

When Eric was 18 months old, I had just given him a bath and was drying him off and then I pretended to chase him. Well he ran from me giggling, into the bathroom....we have ceramic tiles, which were wet from the boys splashing in the tub....next thing I knew Eric did a face plant and half of one of his front teeth was missing!!

Having 3 boys, our house is in a constant state of panic - someone is always getting hurt!

We can't beat ourselves up, we do the best we can.

If it makes you all feel better, DH and I did something even worse than injure our child. We had just had our third son, we were coming home from dinner at my parents' house and it was late (and we were sleep deprived). We unbuckled the older kids from their car seats. I grabbed the infant carrier and went in the house, while DH ushered the boys into the house. Something happened with the oldest and we got distracted. Anyhow, we closed the garage doors, were locking up the house when I asked my husband where Eric was. He looked at me and said he thought I had him. So we frantically run through the house, calling him, no sign of him icon_cry.gif Finally, I go to the garage and open up the garage door, and there standing in the driveway is Eric!!! I almost had a heart attack. Poor kid just patiently stood outside of the garage in the driveway, in the dark, waiting for us to come and get him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%